- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Requests for Information
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Community Impact
- Corporate Headquarters
- Real Estate Services
CEMI-4 and CEMI-5 Power Reliability Improvements
CEMI-4 is a new metric that stands for Customers Experiencing More Than Four Outages of one minute or more in the past year. Similar to the CEMI-5 metric that has been utilized by JEA since 2014, the new CEMI-4 metric has helped us improve on our already unbeatable performance of low extended outage frequency and duration rates. The CEMI-5 analysis directs JEA’s engineers and field personnel to the specific addresses of customers who have experienced six or more extended outages (of one minute or more) over the last 12 months.
With this information in hand, we can then send crews into the neighborhood to review and implement a targeted set of electric reliability improvement projects as needed. Depending on each specific location and the problems found, we may trim trees, change poles, replace transformers, upgrade other pole equipment, add new animal guards and/or upgrade the power lines.
Transformers are also checked carefully during these reliability improvements. Depending on the condition, they could be sold for scrap metal or refurbished. Repairing and rejuvenating used transformers and placing them back in service is much more economical than the expense of purchasing new transformers.
The end result is that the CEMI-5 improvement efforts have worked very well for us; Because the metric had begun to trend down over time, we were able to implement the CEMI-4 process. In part because of CEMI-5, JEA was one of only six utilities nationwide to earn the APPA's Reliable Public Power Award, Diamond Designation in FY14 and again in FY19 for providing the highest degree of reliable and safe electric service.
This designation lasts for three years. When eligible, we will apply for it again.
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.