- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- 2022.01.06 JEA Names its First Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 2022.01.07 JEA Reducing Carbon Emissions with Closure of Plant Scherer Coal-fired Unit
- 2022.01.17 Statement on Holiday Road Sewer Overflow
- 2022.01.27 JEA Names Mark Stultz Vice President, Communications
- 2022.02.11 JEA Honored as Outstanding Utility by Florida Urban Forestry Council
- 2022.04.08 Steven Selders Promoted to JEA Vice President, Application Delivery and Enterprise Architecture
- 2022.04.26 JEA Managing Director & CEO Jay Stowe, Appointed to Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council
- 2022.06.01 JEA Partnering with Customers to be Ready for 2022 Hurricane Season
- 2022.06.08 JEA Announces Next Generation of Customer Experience Delivery
- 2022.06.13 JEA Presents Environmental Stewardship Award to Evoqua Water Technologies
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Requests for Information
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Real Estate Services
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Corporate Headquarters
- Community Impact
- Benefits of Public Utilities
JEA Announces Key Leadership Team Hires with New COO and VP of Financial Services
JACKSONVILLE—JEA announced the next phase of its leadership team changes with the appointment of a chief operating officer and vice president of financial services.
Raynetta Curry Marshall, JEA’s former director of Water/Wastewater Planning & Development, returns to the company as chief operating officer.
This announcement follows the recent news of Ted B. Phillips, of Huntsville, Ala., being named chief financial officer. Phillips and Marshall will join five other leaders who report to JEA Managing Director and CEO Jay Stowe. The direct reports include Chief Administrative Officer Jody Brooks, Chief Human Resources Officer David Emanuel, Chief Customer Officer Sheila Pressley and Chief Strategy Officer Laura Dutton. The Chief External Affairs Officer position is the one remaining leadership role that has yet to be filled; the recruitment process is under way.
JEA also named Joseph E. Orfano vice president of Financial Services. He has served in an interim capacity in this role since February 2020. Orfano will report to Philips and oversee all financial affairs, including financial reporting, treasury, rates, financial planning, budgeting and insurance.
“I’m pleased to have Raynetta back and to have Joe as our permanent VP of Financial Services. Both of them have provided strong leadership at JEA and have proven time and time again that they are highly skilled and unmatched in what they do,” Stowe said. “I’m proud of the team that is helping to make JEA the best utility in the country.”
Marshall has more than 35 years of experience in the water, wastewater and utilities industry in Florida, Maryland and Virginia. In her new role, she will have oversight of JEA’s electric, water and wastewater systems.
For the past two years, Marshall was general manager for the City of Tallahassee’s Underground Utilities & Public Infrastructure Department. Her responsibilities included water supply and quality, wastewater collection and treatment, stormwater management, water utilities, traffic management engineering and management and transfer of the city's real estate assets.
Previously, Marshall served in several leadership roles at JEA from 2011-19, including director of Water/Wastewater, Planning & Development and director of Water/Wastewater Project Engineering & Construction.
Marshall is a registered Professional Engineer in Florida. She received her Master’s in Environmental Engineering and Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering from Howard University. Marshall will assume her new position on Aug. 30, 2021, and will earn an annual salary of $350,000.
Orfano, who previously served as JEA’s treasurer and interim chief financial officer, has worked with JEA since 2013. He currently serves on the Finance and Audit Committee of The Energy Authority. Prior to joining JEA, Orfano was Director of Treasury at a mining company in Scottsdale, Ariz. He has more than 20 years of experience in electric utility companies. He holds a B.B.A. in Finance from the University of Notre Dame.
Orfano will earn $200,012, effective July 15, 2021.
JEA is a not-for-profit, community-owned utility located in Jacksonville, Florida, proudly serving an estimated 478,000 electric, 357,000 water, 279,000 sewer and 15,000 reclaimed water customers. JEA is not owned by investors. It was created by the City of Jacksonville to serve those who live in Jacksonville and in the surrounding communities. The sole purpose of JEA’s business is to ensure the electric, water and sewer demands of its customers are met, both today and for generations to come with the goal to provide reliable services at the best value to our customers while ensuring our areas’ precious natural resources are protected.
External Communications, JEA
Digital Head Shots (JPG):
- Managing Director and CEO Jay Stowe - Download
- Chief Administrative Officer Jody Brooks - Download
- Chief Strategy Officer Laura Dutton - Download
- Chief Human Resources Officer David L. Emanuel - Download
- Chief Operating Officer Raynetta Curry Marshall - Download
- Chief Financial Officer Ted Phillips - Download
- Chief Customer Officer Sheila Pressley - Download
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.