- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- 2022.01.06 JEA Names its First Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 2022.01.07 JEA Reducing Carbon Emissions with Closure of Plant Scherer Coal-fired Unit
- 2022.01.17 Statement on Holiday Road Sewer Overflow
- 2022.01.27 JEA Names Mark Stultz Vice President, Communications
- 2022.02.11 JEA Honored as Outstanding Utility by Florida Urban Forestry Council
- 2022.04.08 Steven Selders Promoted to JEA Vice President, Application Delivery and Enterprise Architecture
- 2022.04.26 JEA Managing Director & CEO Jay Stowe, Appointed to Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council
- 2022.06.01 JEA Partnering with Customers to be Ready for 2022 Hurricane Season
- 2022.06.08 JEA Announces Next Generation of Customer Experience Delivery
- 2022.06.13 JEA Presents Environmental Stewardship Award to Evoqua Water Technologies
- 2022.07.26 JEA to Suspend Electric, Water Disconnections During Peak of Summer Heat
- 2022.08.27 Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Remains in Effect for Sandalwood Area as JEA Continues Testing
- 2022.08.28 JEA Lifts Boil Water Advisory for Sandalwood Area
- 2022.09.26 JEA Prepares for Hurricane Ian, Response Procedures in Place
- 2022.09.27 JEA Prepared to Respond to Hurricane Ian Impacts
- 2022.09.28 JEA Welcomes Mutual Aid Response to Hurricane Ian
- 2022.09.29 JEA Crews Restoring Power Throughout Jacksonville
- 2022.10.03 JEA Names Pedro Melendez Vice President, Planning, Engineering & Construction
- 2022.10.20 JEA Honors Local Agency Partners for Their Work in the Community
- 2022.11.04 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Community Work in Northeast Florida
- 2022.11.08 JEA Prepares for Subtropical Storm Nicole
- 2022.11.11 All Storm Restorations Continue Today; JEA to Lift Limited Emergency Operations
- 2022.12.12 JEA Women's, Men's Teams Win Top Honors at Statewide Water Competition
- 2022.12.20 JEA Offers Tips in Advance of Severe Cold Weather
- 2022.12.24 JEA Offers Tips During Severe Cold Weather
- 2023.01.10 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Mutual Aid Work
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business and Supplier Diversity Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Requests for Information
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Bid Results
- Water Facilities
- Frequent Water Questions
- H2.0 JEA's Purified Water Program
- Water Hardness Levels
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Corporate Headquarters
- Community Impact
- Benefits of Public Utilities
- Real Estate Services
- Letter from Managing Director and CEO
At JEA, community and service go hand in hand. Our employees volunteer their time and serve in several organizations throughout Jacksonville.
Engaging Our Community
JEA regularly holds community meetings, energy efficiency workshops and engages with our customers by participating in various events around town.
View Our Schedule of Events
Events and Expos
JEA participates in events throughout the year as an opportunity to connect with our customers face-to-face.
Request JEA at Your Event
JEA offers free presentations designed to educate customers about the services, products and projects.
Request a Speaker
JEA offers free tours designed to educate our customers about how our various plants operate.
Request a Facility Tour
Empowering STEM Leaders of Tomorrow
JEA employees are proud to work and live in the communities we serve.
At JEA, we embody a strong culture of giving. Throughout the year, JEA hosts various employee collection drives and fundraisers to give back to those in need.
Learn about the Non-profits We Support
JEA employees are our strongest connection to the communities we service. By giving thousands of volunteer hours each year, we are able to help improve the quality of life for our customers.
Connect with Our Volunteers
Learn How You Can Give Back
The Neighbor to Neighbor Fund helps elderly, disabled, and those less fortunate keep the lights on and water running during a financial crisis.
Learn How You Can Contribute With Your Monthly JEA Bill
Neighborhood Energy Efficiency Program
JEA has partnered with the City of Jacksonville’s Department of Housing and Neighborhoods to assist customers in making energy and water efficiency upgrades in their homes.
Local Agency Recognition
Annually, local agencies provide millions of dollars in financial assistance to JEA customers in need. We're recognizing those who help make this happen every year.
JEA forms partnerships with, and sometimes financially supports, many local and regional groups in Northeast Florida who are working to educate the community on environmental issues.
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.