- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Requests for Information
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Bid Results
- Corporate Headquarters
- Real Estate Services
- Honors and Achievements
- Community Impact
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
JACKSONVILLE – JEA has named Theodore B. Phillips, of Huntsville, Ala., as Chief Financial Officer. Phillips will report to CEO Jay Stowe and will oversee the utility’s financial, facilities and logistical operations.
Phillips will begin as CFO in August 2021. In this role, Phillips’ responsibilities will include Financial Services, Financial Planning and Services, Treasury Services, Risk Management Services, Supply Chain, Corporate Security, Procurement, Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity, Facilities and Fleet Services, and Technical Services. Interim VP of Financial Services Joe Orfano, VP of Supply Chain and Operations Support Alan McElroy and Interim Chief Information Officer Stephen Datz will report to Phillips. Phillips will earn a salary of $350,000 per year.
“I am thrilled to have Ted join JEA’s leadership team. He brings a wealth of experience leading finance teams for public utilities,” Stowe said. “We are building an unbeatable team so that we can deliver business excellence and continue to earn customer loyalty.”
Most recently, Phillips worked for 10 years with Huntsville Utilities, leading teams in Finance/Accounting, MIS, Technical Services, Purchasing, Stores & Warehousing, Fleet, and Facilities. Huntsville Utilities provides water, gas and electricity to over 350,000 people. Previously, Phillips spent 20 years in the public sector in Alabama, North Carolina and Missouri working for the City of Shelby, the City of Monroe and Mecklenburg County, N.C., and the State Auditor’s office in Missouri.
Phillips is an active member in his community and has served on the boards of the United Way and The Schools Foundation in Huntsville, Ala., and was a long-term leader in the Boy Scouts of America.
JEA is a not-for-profit, community-owned utility located in Jacksonville, Florida, proudly serving an estimated 478,000 electric, 357,000 water, 279,000 sewer and 15,000 reclaimed water customers. JEA is not owned by investors. It was created by the City of Jacksonville to serve those who live in Jacksonville and in the surrounding communities. The sole purpose of JEA’s business is to ensure the electric, water and sewer demands of its customers are met, both today and for generations to come with the goal to provide reliable services at the best value to our customers while ensuring our areas’ precious natural resources are protected.
External Communications, JEA
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.