Water Outages and Advisories
Current Water Outages
There are currently no wide spread outages to report. Please call (904) 665-6000 for the most up-to-date information.
Current Boil Water Advisories (BWA)
Beginning on the dates below, a Precautionary Boil Water Advisory will be in effect for the following areas. Not sure if you're affected?
Learn How We Notify Customers of a BWA
Recent Lifted Boil Water Advisories
- 2/25/2020 at 10:00 p.m. - BWA Lifted 2/28/2020 at 9:48 a.m.
Merian Johnson’s Family Childcare, Inc – 5151 Colonial Ave
- 2/24/2020 at 11:00 p.m. - BWA Lifted 2/27/20 9:27 a.m.
4403 Roosevelt Blvd -
Moe's Southwest Grill
Okinawa Japanese Grill House
4397 Roosevelt Blvd -
- 2/7/2020 at 11:00 a.m. - BWA Lifted 2/10/20 8:30 a.m.
1827 North Pearl St - The Cookbook Restaurant
1831 North Pearl St - Auntie Peaches
1837 North Pearl St - Foxy Lady Cafe & Catering
- 2/03/2020 at 1:30 p.m. - BWA Lifted 2/6/2020 at 9:48 a.m.
7840 Burma Rd. - Joseph Stilwell Military Academy of Leadership
- 1/28/2020 at 10 a.m. - BWA Lifted 1/30/2020 at 9:13 a.m.
10901 Burnt Mill Rd - Heritage Deerwood Condos
BWA Causes and Recommendations
A precautionary boil water advisory is issued when there is a possibility that the water pressure in the water system dropped to such an extent that bacteria or foreign matter could have entered the water system. This may be caused by one or more of these reasons:
- A water main break, repair, or system maintenance
- Damage to water lines or systems due to a storm or hurricane or other event
- An electrical power outage to a water plant or facility
Customers should bring water to a rolling boil for a minimum of one minute prior to using for drinking, food preparation, or cooking. It is recommended that customers flush water lines for three minutes after water returns in order to remove any air and
possible sediments from the lines.
Read Our Recommendations for BWAs
Sewer/Wastewater Environmental Cautions and Advisory Notices
Storm Preparation Tip
Make sure your JEA account information is up to date so we can reach you with power restoration updates.