Water Outages and Advisories
Current Water Outages
There are currently no wide spread outages to report. Please call (904) 665-6000 for the most up-to-date information.
Current Boil Water Advisories (BWA)
Beginning on the dates below, a Precautionary Boil Water Advisory will be in effect for the following areas. Not sure if you're affected?
Learn How We Notify Customers of a BWA
- 11/05/19 at 3:26 p.m. - BWA - BWA Lifted November 7, 2019 @ 4:17 p.m.
3646 Blanding Blvd. - Country Cabin Restaurant
Cedar Hills Shopping Center
- 10/22/19 at 1:58 p.m. - BWA Lifted October 24, 2019 @ 9:40 a.m.
East of A1A, South of Mills Ln, including and North of the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club
200 Ponte Vedra Blvd.
Recent Lifted Boil Water Advisories
- 10/16/19 at 8:00 AM - Lifted October 19, 2019 @ 1:59 p.m.
Hampton Inn and Suites - 4415 Southside Blvd.
- 10/12/19 at 6:00 AM - Lifted October 14, 2019 @ 11:20 a.m.
501 E. Bay St Police Memorial Building
BWA Causes and Recommendations
A precautionary boil water advisory is issued when there is a possibility that the water pressure in the water system dropped to such an extent that bacteria or foreign matter could have entered the water system. This may be caused by one or more of these reasons:
- A water main break, repair, or system maintenance
- Damage to water lines or systems due to a storm or hurricane or other event
- An electrical power outage to a water plant or facility
Customers should bring water to a rolling boil for a minimum of one minute prior to using for drinking, food preparation, or cooking. It is recommended that customers flush water lines for three minutes after water returns in order to remove any air and
possible sediments from the lines.
Read Our Recommendations for BWAs
Sewer/Wastewater Environmental Cautions and Advisory Notices
Storm Preparation Tip
Make sure your JEA account information is up to date so we can reach you with power restoration updates.