Water Outages and Advisories
Current Water Outages
There are currently no widespread water outages to report. Please call (904) 665-6000 for the most up-to-date information.
Current Boil Water Advisories (BWA)
Beginning on the dates below, a Precautionary Boil Water Advisory will be in effect for the following areas. Not sure if you're affected?
Learn How We Notify Customers of a BWA
See below for a list of recently lifted boil water advisories.
Recently Lifted Boil Water Advisories
- 10/12/20 - BWA lifted 10/14/20 at 10:22 AM
Step by Step Learning Center located at 95734 Amelia Concourse
- 10/10/20 at 1:00 PM - BWA lifted 10/12/20 at 7:15
4131 UNIVERSITY BLVD S.
- 10/7/20 at 11:00 PM - BWA lifted 10/10/20 at 11:57
4004 University Blvd S- UBNC Administrative Building
4034 University Blvd S- Armadillo Mini Storage
4052 University Blvd S- King Auto Complete Service and Repairs/Florida Builders Specialty
4108 University Blvd S- Popeyes
4124 University Blvd S- Universal Dental Care
4140 University Blvd S- George H. Hewell and Son Funeral Home
4160 University Blvd S- The Doctor Center/BioReference Laboratories
4168 University Blvd S- Tienda Mi Rancho
4210 University Blvd S- Zaxby’s
- 9/21/2020 at 5:00 PM - BWA lifted 9/24/20 09:48 AM
Circle K - 4152 Old Middleburg Rd N
- 9/22/2020 at 10:30 AM.- BWA lifted 9/24/20 09:18 AM
Park Place Apartments - 2010 Parental Home Rd
- 9/23/2020 at 08:00 AM - BWA lifted 9/25/20 09:29 AM
Tinseltown Movie Theater - 4535 Southside Blvd.
- 9/27/20 at 5:00 PM - BWA lifted 9/30/2020 10:20 AM
Bolles Middle School - 2264 Bartram Road
Florida Baptist Children's Homes - 2300 Bartram Road
BWA Causes and Recommendations
A precautionary boil water advisory is issued when there is a possibility that the water pressure in the water system dropped to such an extent that bacteria or foreign matter could have entered the water system. This may be caused by one or more of these reasons:
- A water main break, repair, or system maintenance
- Damage to water lines or systems due to a storm or hurricane or other event
- An electrical power outage to a water plant or facility
Customers should bring water to a rolling boil for a minimum of one minute prior to using for drinking, food preparation, or cooking. It is recommended that customers flush water lines for three minutes after water returns in order to remove any air and
possible sediments from the lines.
Read Our Recommendations for BWAs
Sewer/Wastewater Environmental Cautions and Advisory Notices
Storm Preparation Tip
Make sure your JEA account information is up to date so we can reach you with power restoration updates.