Water Outages and Advisories
There is a broken 8' inch PVC water main at the intersection of Hampton Rd and Hartley Rd. JEA Maintenance crews are on site making repairs. Expect no waters and poor pressures in the area. There is no estimated time of restoration at this time. Updates to follow when received. Please call (904) 665-6000 for the most recent up to date information.
Current Boil Water Advisories (BWA)
Beginning on the dates below, a Precautionary Boil Water Advisory will be in effect for the following areas. Not sure if you're affected?
Learn How We Notify Customers of a BWA
September 20, 2017 3:30 a.m.- BWA lifted September 22, 2017 9:11 a.m.
- 11820 Beach Blvd – Mental Health Resource Center
September 11, 2017 9:30 p.m. - BWA lifted September 15, 2017 5:30 a.m.
- 1148 to 1256 Catalina Rd West
- 2300 South Ponte Vedra Blvd. - 4400 Coastal Highway (State Road A1A)
- Beachside Subdivision
- Yellow Bill Subdivision
- Tides Edge Subdivision
- Turtle Shores Subdivision
- Ocean Grande/Serenata Beach Condominiums
- Beachwalk/Kingston Dunes Subdivision
- South Beach Subdivision
JEA Customers on A1A from 2315 South Ponte Vedra Blvd to 4460 Coastal Highway including communities in this area.
This precautionary advisory is being issued due to low water pressure that occured September 11, 2017.
September 1, 2017 11:00 p.m. - BWA lifted September 4, 2017 7:34 a.m.
- 4651/4655 Salisbury Rd. - The Quadrant
September 1, 2017 12:51 p.m. - BWA lifted September 3, 2017 9:57 a.m.
- Businesses in Westgate Shopping Center- 201 West 48th Street
- North Shore Elementary School- 5701 Silver Plaza
August 28, 2017 4:30 a.m. - Lifted August 30, 2017 8:52 a.m.
- 201 Monument Road - Best Bet
August 27, 2017 6:25 p.m. - Lifted August 29, 2017 9:05 a.m.
- 2262 Dunn Avenue - LabCorp, Dr. Tarek Patel Dentistry, Periodontics and Implants – Dr. Lisa Salloum, Foot, Ankle and Wound Care Center
August 26, 2017 3:50 p.m. - Lifted August 28, 2017 6:00 a.m.
- 8505 Baymeadows Road – Baymeadows Animal Hospital
- 8535 Baymeadows Road – Clara’s Tidbits Restaurant and Catering
- 8617 Baymeadows Road – Pagoda Restaurant
- 8625 Baymeadows Road – Wendys Restaurant
- 8661 Baymeadows Road – India House Restaurant
August 25, 2017 7:00 p.m. - Lifted August 28, 2017 6:00 a.m.
- 2701 Talleyrand Avenue - The Jacksonville Port Authority
August 22, 2017 3:20 p.m. - Lifted August 24, 2017 1:00 p.m.
- 11820 Beach Blvd - Mental Health Resource Center
August 16, 2017 5:30 p.m. - Lifted August 21, 2017 9:00 a.m.
- 13340, 13350, 13386, 13398 &13470 International Parkway
BWA Causes and Recommendations
A precautionary boil water advisory is issued when there is a possibility that the water pressure in the water system dropped to such an extent that bacteria or foreign matter could have entered the water system. This may be caused by one or more of these reasons:
- A water main break, repair, or system maintenance
- Damage to water lines or systems due to a storm or hurricane or other event
- An electrical power outage to a water plant or facility
Customers should bring water to a rolling boil for a minimum of one minute prior to using for drinking, food preparation, or cooking. It is recommended that customers flush water lines for three minutes after water returns in order to remove any air and possible sediments from the lines.
Read Our Recommendations for BWAs
Sewer/Wastewater Environmental Cautions and Advisory Notices
Did you know JEA provides free billing and outage alerts via text and email?