- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- 2022.01.06 JEA Names its First Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 2022.01.07 JEA Reducing Carbon Emissions with Closure of Plant Scherer Coal-fired Unit
- 2022.01.17 Statement on Holiday Road Sewer Overflow
- 2022.01.27 JEA Names Mark Stultz Vice President, Communications
- 2022.02.11 JEA Honored as Outstanding Utility by Florida Urban Forestry Council
- 2022.04.08 Steven Selders Promoted to JEA Vice President, Application Delivery and Enterprise Architecture
- 2022.04.26 JEA Managing Director & CEO Jay Stowe, Appointed to Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Requests for Information
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Corporate Headquarters
- Community Impact
- Benefits of Public Utilities
- Real Estate Services
Water Quality Reports
Residents of Northeast Florida are very fortunate to have potable water supplied from such a pristine and stable water source as the Floridan aquifer. Located 800 to 1,000 feet below land surface, the aquifer is highly protected from chemical contamination by a thick layer of clay that prevents chemicals from entering the aquifer. The water is clean, fresh, and requires minimal treatment. It is simply pumped from the wells, aerated to remove sulfur compounds, chlorinated for disinfection, and distributed to our customers.
Stewards of Our Water
JEA takes stewardship of the community’s water supply very seriously and follows all regulatory requirements of the FDEP and EPA. JEA makes substantial investments to safely manage the water supply resource and to operate the system to meet water quality standards per all regulatory requirements.
Water Quality Testing
JEA conducts a comprehensive monitoring program by collecting and analyzing water samples from various locations throughout our treatment area. This program is regulated by the state. These samples are tested for more than 100 bacteriological and chemical components. On average, JEA performs around 45,000 water tests a year. Most of the elements and minerals present in our drinking water occur naturally in the aquifer at very low levels.
The Water Quality Report, published annually by July 1, provides a comprehensive summary of these water quality tests in the most recent sampling periods. The data in the Water Quality Report demonstrate that JEA’s water supply and delivery grids provide an excellent source of high-quality and safe water.
Water Quality Reports
Water Quality Reports are issued the year following the results. The Water Quality Report provides information on JEA’s water treatment systems, any contaminants found in the water during routine testing, and answers to some frequently asked questions.
Print copies of these reports are available for free at our
Downtown Customer Service Center.
- 2021 Annual Water Quality Report
- 2020 Annual Water Quality Report
- 2019 Annual Water Quality Report
- 2018 Annual Water Quality Report
- 2017 Annual Water Quality Report
- 2016 Annual Water Quality Report
- 2015 Annual Water Quality Report
- 2014 Annual Water Quality Report
- 2013 Annual Water Quality Report
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.