- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Responses
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Upcoming Procurement Opportunities
- Local Discharge Limits
- National Pretreatment Program Regulations
- Pretreatment Program Compliance Forms
- Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Wastewater Treatment Byproducts
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- What Not to Flush
- Fire Hydrants as an Accessible Water Source
- Frequent Water Questions
- Purified Water
- Water Facilities
- Benefits of Public Power
- Corporate Headquarters
- Government Relations
- Honors and Achievements
JEA is in the initial planning phase to select the site for development of a new headquarters building, which would replace its current Downtown Jacksonville headquarters at 21 West Church Street.
The new headquarters will help JEA realize its mission, to provide the best service by becoming the center of its customers’ energy and water experience. It will be a catalyst for JEA’s continued growth and provide the foundation for industry-disrupting innovation efforts. It will also enable JEA to attract and retain an engaged workforce.
CBRE, a Jacksonville-based full-service real estate firm, has been a dedicated partner in assisting JEA in the strategic planning of the new development.
Special Board Meeting Presentations
JEA hosted a Special Board Meeting on February 5, 2019, during which representatives from the short-list firms presented site locations and building concepts to the Board and public. Please see their presentations linked below. A video of the Special Board Meeting will be posted shortly.
- Lot J, Bay Street - Jacksonville 1-C Parcel One Holding Company
- Kings Avenue Station - Kings Avenue Station P3, LLC
- 325 West Adams Street - Ryan Companies US, Inc.
After continued negotiations, firms will then submit Best and Final Offers (BAFOs) or Final Replies on March 11, 2019. An additional, special board meeting will be scheduled for the week of April 8, 2019 to evaluate and make a final selection.
Potential Locations and Building Designs
At the January 22, 2019 JEA Board Meeting, JEA staff announced a short list of three firms that, after preliminary evaluation through JEA’s Procurement process, best meet the criteria to move forward in the selection of a firm and development site.
The firms selected for the short list are shown below, as well as their building renderings and Public Information Packages.
The Public Information Packages contain an excerpt of the original submittal and include a brief overview of each firm’s team, site location and building solution design. The packages do not include any new information to be evaluated by JEA, financial ability, pricing information or legal terms and conditions.
Responses to Solicitation
On January 8, 2019, responses to the solicitation for a new Downtown campus were received. Following preliminary grading and evaluation of the responses, a short list of vendors was selected for further consideration and negotiation (see above).
Below is a list of firms that responded to the solicitation and the location in which they have proposed the new headquarters be located:
- Touchton Property Partners/Hertz: Bank of America Tower, 50 North Laura Street
- Kings Avenue Station P3, LLC : Kings Ave. Station, 1201 Kings Ave.
- Energy Innovation Properties, LLC: City block bounded by Ashley, Church, Ocean and Main Streets
- Ryan Companies US, Inc.: JEA Corporate Headquarters, 21 West Church St., 534 West Church St. or 325 West Adams St.
- KDC: Elements Development (former Southside Generating Station property)
- Jacksonville 1-C Parcel One Holding Company: Jax Sports & Entertainment District, Lot J
These responses were reviewed and evaluated by JEA Procurement staff and consultants at CBRE on qualitative and quantitative criteria. Respondents to the Invitation to Negotiate (ITN) were required to provide a site or building, conceptual design and
site fit, a delivery team, financing terms (lease with purchase options in out years) and demonstrate experience and financial capabilities to develop a project of this size.
Solicitation for Solutions Released
On October 15, 2018, CBRE released a solicitation seeking solutions for a new corporate headquarters for JEA, including a possible build-to-suit, purchase or lease of new or existing space. Any existing space would be for a single-tenant occupant that
could be tailored to JEA requirements, including parking.