- Engineering and Construction
- Connect Water or Sewer Service
- Stages of a Project
- Request an As-Built Drawing
- Water and Wastewater Standards
- Five Year Capital Expenditures
- Call Before You Dig
- Supply Chain Resource Hub
- More Foresight Needed for Robust First Coast Development
- Sign Up for JEA Supply Chain Updates
- Service Availability Form
- Meter Search
- JEA Facilities Standards
- Community-Initiated Projects
- Engineering and Construction
- Electric Development
- Underground Commercial Development
Underground Commercial Development
An Underground Commercial Development (UCD) is an underground electric distribution system where each secondary service lateral supplies one or more commercial services. Business and/or Industrial developments, commercial office parks, or shopping centers may qualify as a UCD. Use the UCD Check List and related links below as your submittal package guide.
Documents, Procedures and Checklist for Underground Commercial Development
- Letter of Intent/Rules of Engagement
- Check List UCD
- UCD Standard (coming soon)
- Lighting Procedure
- Electric Development Standardization of Files and Drawings
- COJ Streetlight Design Request by Developer
- JEA Seed (CAD files) for Engineers - When submitting designs, please download the appropriate seed file for the appropriate configurations:
Once you have gathered all the items from the project check list, submit the collective package to our Electric Development Inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for review and response. Once any corrections are addressed, the project submittal is accepted and assigned to a Project Engineer for electric design. You'll receive a confirmation email introducing the Project Engineer who will be your lead point of contact through electric construction completion.
Developer will provide:
- An acceptable submittal package (above)
- All conduit, transformer pads and secondary pull-boxes
- Installation of the conduit system
- Reimbursement for upgraded lighting
- Street light bases and installation for upgraded lighting
- Reimbursement for JEA beautification work
- Required easements
- 12 month conduit system warranty from system acceptance date
JEA will provide:
- Electric System design
- Manholes and pits
- Standard Lights
- Overhead line removal within the development boundaries
- Overhead relocation for entrance way
- Primary cable and transformers
We look forward to working with you. At JEA, it’s our mission to energize our community through high-value energy and water solutions. We want to be your premier service provider, valued asset and vital partner in advancing our community.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Supply Chain Resource Hub
JEA is taking a proactive approach to meet ongoing supply chain challenges and taking steps to meet local development needs.
At JEA, we work hard to be easy to do business with. When it comes to electric development, we like to start things off with a short, face-to-face meeting to discuss your project needs and answer all your project questions. The best time to have this meeting is when your development plans are 90 percent complete.
Underground Apartment Development
Documents and checklist needed for underground service in an apartment development.
Underground Residential Development
Documents and checklists needed for underground service in a residential development.
Underground Electric Distribution Procedure
The Underground Electric Distribution Procedure provides uniform procedures for the installation of Underground Electric Distribution Systems, defines the responsibilities of all involved parties, and stipulates apportionment of costs.
Street and Area Lights
At JEA, we know how important street lights are to the overall look of your project. That’s why we are pleased to offer some 25 different designs for you to choose from. Some are standard, some require an additional fee. Either way, we’re sure you will find what you need here.