- Engineering and Construction
- Connect Water or Sewer Service
- Five Year Capital Expenditures
- Request an As-Built Drawing
Underground Commercial Development
When it comes to electric development, we like to start things off with a short, face-to-face meeting to discuss your project needs and answer all your project questions. The best time to have this meeting is when your development plans are 90 percent complete. We will talk streetlights and checklists, supplying the forms needed to prepare your submittal packet. You can print them yourself (below) and have them ready for review at your first meeting. Please email JEA’s Electric Development Design Manager at email@example.com to arrange your pre-submittal planning meeting.
These are the documents, procedures and checklist needed for underground service in a commercial development.
- Letter of Intent/Rules of Engagement
- Check List UCD
- UCD Standard (coming soon)
- Lighting Procedure
- Electric Development Standardization of Files and Drawings
- COJ Streetlight Design Request by Developer
- JEA Seed (CAD files) for Engineers - When submitting designs, please download the appropriate seed file for the appropriate configurations:
Once your submittal packet is ready, we ask that you return to our headquarters at 21 West Church Street, Downtown with your documents. We’ll review them, give your project a number and assign it to a project engineer. You’ll leave that meeting knowing your project is in our pipeline.
Here’s what you’ll need to provide for your electric development process:
- An acceptable submittal package (above)
- All conduit, transformer pads and secondary pull-boxes
- Installation of the conduit system
- Reimbursement for upgraded lighting
- Street light bases and installation for upgraded lighting
- Reimbursement for JEA beautification work
- Required easements
- 12 month conduit system warranty from system acceptance date
Here’s what JEA will provide:
- Electric System design
- Manholes and pits
- Standard Lights
- Overhead line removal within the development boundaries
- Overhead relocation for entrance way
- Primary cable and transformers
We look forward to working with you. At JEA, it’s our mission to energize our community through high-value energy and water solutions. We want to be your premier service provider, valued asset and vital partner in advancing our community.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sometimes you need As-Built drawings to represent the final detailed 'blueprints' as to how amd infrastructure was actually installed during the construction phase.