- Engineering and Construction
- Connect Water or Sewer Service
- Call Before You Dig
- Five Year Capital Expenditures
- Meter Search
- Request an As-Built Drawing
- Service Availability Form
Underground Commercial Development
An Underground Commercial Development (UCD) is an underground electric distribution system where each secondary service lateral supplies one or more commercial services. Business and/or Industrial developments, commercial office parks, or shopping centers may qualify as a UCD. Use the UCD Check List and related links below as your submittal package guide.
Documents, Procedures and Checklist for Underground Commercial Development
- Letter of Intent/Rules of Engagement
- Check List UCD
- UCD Standard (coming soon)
- Lighting Procedure
- Electric Development Standardization of Files and Drawings
- COJ Streetlight Design Request by Developer
- JEA Seed (CAD files) for Engineers - When submitting designs, please download the appropriate seed file for the appropriate configurations:
Once you have gathered all the items from the project check list, submit the collective package to our Electric Development Inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for review and response. Once any corrections are addressed, the project submittal is accepted and assigned to a Project Engineer for electric design. You'll receive a confirmation email introducing the Project Engineer who will be your lead point of contact through electric construction completion.
Developer will provide:
- An acceptable submittal package (above)
- All conduit, transformer pads and secondary pull-boxes
- Installation of the conduit system
- Reimbursement for upgraded lighting
- Street light bases and installation for upgraded lighting
- Reimbursement for JEA beautification work
- Required easements
- 12 month conduit system warranty from system acceptance date
JEA will provide:
- Electric System design
- Manholes and pits
- Standard Lights
- Overhead line removal within the development boundaries
- Overhead relocation for entrance way
- Primary cable and transformers
We look forward to working with you. At JEA, it’s our mission to energize our community through high-value energy and water solutions. We want to be your premier service provider, valued asset and vital partner in advancing our community.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Request A Drawing
As-Built drawings represent the final detailed 'blueprints' as to how infrastructure was installed during construction.