- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Requests for Information
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Community Impact
- Corporate Headquarters
- Real Estate Services
Our Electric Generation Strategy
JEA is proud of its Electric System and its reputation as one of the nation’s exemplary municipal service providers. As of January 2018, our existing generation capacity is approximately 3,300 MWs and our generation fleet contains a diverse resource mix that includes two thirds natural gas. The remaining generation comes from coal, petcoke and renewables such as solar and methane gas.
Our Electric Business
JEA’s diverse electric generation fleet allows us to fine-tune our generation strategy based on the price of natural gas, petcoke or coal. This agility helps keep prices low for our customers.
Learn About Our Generation Strategy
JEA owns or co-owns five electric generation facilities, including renewable energy sources.
Become Familiar with JEA's Electric Facilities
The Energy Authority (TEA) provides public power utilities with access to advanced resources and technology systems so they can respond competitively in the changing energy markets.
Learn About TEA
JEA is one of 35 nationally and one of four in the state of Florida to receive the Diamond RP3 designation for our electric reliability efforts.
Learn How We Earn RP3 Designation
Many of our employees work in dangerous jobs, around electricity and at industrial facilities. We take electric safety seriously and we want you to, as well.
Get Electric Safety Tips for Your Home
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.