- Engineering and Construction
- Connect Water or Sewer Service
- Stages of a Project
- Service Availability Form
- Meter Search
- JEA Facilities Standards
- Community-Initiated Projects
- Request an As-Built Drawing
- Water and Wastewater Standards
- Five Year Capital Expenditures
- Call Before You Dig
- Supply Chain Resource Hub
- More Foresight Needed for Robust First Coast Development
- Sign Up for JEA Supply Chain Updates
- Engineering and Construction
- Electric Development
- Underground Residential Development
Underground Residential Development
An Underground Electric Development (URD) is an underground electric distribution system where each secondary lateral supplies a single meter serving a single-family residential unit. Use the URD Check List and related links below as your submittal package guide.
Documents, Procedures and Checklists for Underground Residential Development
- URD Check List
- Letter of Intent/Rules of Engagement
- Example of a Residential Master Site Plan
- JEA Seed (CAD files) for Engineers - When submitting designs, please download the appropriate seed file for the appropriate configurations:
- Electric Development Standardization of Files and Drawings
Once you have gathered all the items from the project check list, submit the collective package to our Electric Development Inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org for evaluation. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for review and response. Once any corrections are addressed, the project submittal is accepted and assigned to a Project Engineer for electric design. You'll receive a confirmation email introducing the Project Engineer who will be your lead point of contact through electric construction completion.
Developer will provide:
- An acceptable submittal package (above)
- All conduit, transformer pads and secondary pull-boxes
- Installation of the conduit system
- Reimbursement for upgraded lighting
- Street light bases and installation for upgraded lighting
- Reimbursement for JEA beautification work
- Required easements
- 12 month conduit system warranty from system acceptance date
JEA will provide:
- Electric System design
- Manholes and pits
- Standard Lights
- Overhead line removal within the development boundaries
- Overhead relocation for entrance way
- Primary cable and transformers
We look forward to working with you. At JEA, it’s our mission to energize our community through high-value energy and water solutions. We want to be your premier service provider, valued asset and vital partner in advancing our community.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Learn More About our Electric Development Process
Supply Chain Resource Hub
JEA is taking a proactive approach to meet ongoing supply chain challenges and taking steps to meet local development needs.
Revised 10.15.18 Underground Residential Development Check List for Electric Service Project Name: ____________________________________________________Date: ____________________ The following check list will help you in complying with the requirements set forth in JEA Procedure # T & D 20422 013 (URACD Distribution Pro
Forms and Procedures
Policies and procedures that are necessary to ensure proper transfer of ownership and maintenance of Developer-installed electric, transmission and distribution infrastructure.
Street and Area Lights
At JEA, we know how important street lights are to the overall look of your project. That’s why we are pleased to offer some 25 different designs for you to choose from. Some are standard, some require an additional fee. Either way, we’re sure you will find what you need here.