- Engineering and Construction
- Connect Water or Sewer Service
- Five Year Capital Expenditures
- Request an As-Built Drawing
Underground Residential Development
When it comes to electric development, we like to start things off with a short, face-to-face meeting to discuss your project needs and answer all your project questions. The best time to have this meeting is when your development plans are 90 percent complete. We will talk streetlights and checklists, supplying the forms needed to prepare your submittal packet. Please print them (below) and have them ready for review at your first meeting. Please emaill JEA’s Electric Development Design Manager at email@example.com to arrange your pre-submittal planning meeting.
Documents, Procedures and Checklists for Underground Residential Development
- Letter of Intent/Rules of Engagement
- URD Check List
- Example of URD Standard
- Lighting Procedure
- Electric Development Standardization of Files and Drawings
- COJ Streetlight Design Request by Developer
- Example of a Residential Master Site Plan
- JEA Seed (CAD files) for Engineers - When submitting designs, please download the appropriate seed file for the appropriate configurations:
Once your submittal packet is ready, we ask that you return to our offices at 21 W. Church Street in Downtown Jacksonville with your documents. We will review them, give your project a number and assign it to a project engineer. You will leave that meeting knowing your project is in our pipeline.
You will provide:
- An acceptable submittal package (above)
- All conduit, transformer pads and secondary pull-boxes
- Installation of the conduit system
- Reimbursement for upgraded lighting
- Street light bases and installation for upgraded lighting
- Reimbursement for JEA beautification work
- Required easements
- 12 month conduit system warranty from system acceptance date
JEA will provide:
- Electric System design
- Manholes and pits
- Standard Lights
- Overhead line removal within the development boundaries
- Overhead relocation for entrance way
- Primary cable and transformers
We look forward to working with you. At JEA, it’s our mission to energize our community through high-value energy and water solutions. We want to be your premier service provider, valued asset and vital partner in advancing our community.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn More About our Electric Development Process
Sometimes you need As-Built drawings to represent the final detailed 'blueprints' as to how amd infrastructure was actually installed during the construction phase.