- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Requests for Information
- Bid Results
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Real Estate Services
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Corporate Headquarters
- Community Impact
Established by the City of Jacksonville in 1895, JEA owns, operates and manages the electric system. It grew from a department of city government to an independent authority created by the consolidation of city and county governments in 1967.
On June 1, 1997, the water and sewer systems operated by the city since 1880 also became part of JEA’s utility service offerings. It was fitting that this merger took place as the Main Street Light Plant was built at the city’s Waterworks Park at First and Main Streets.
Today, JEA is the largest community-owned utility in Florida and one of the largest in the United States. We are committed to our purpose—to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve, with a spirit that has united our business for nearly 125 years.
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.