- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Requests for Information
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Bid Results
- Corporate Headquarters
- Real Estate Services
- Honors and Achievements
- Community Impact
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
JACKSONVILLE—JEA announced the final phase of its senior leadership team changes with the appointment of Chief External Affairs Officer Laura Schepis.
This announcement follows the recent news of Raynetta Curry Marshall being named Chief Operating Officer and Ted B. Phillips being named Chief Financial Officer. Marshall, Phillips and Schepis join four other leaders who report to JEA Managing Director and CEO Jay Stowe. The other direct reports include Chief Administrative Officer Jody Brooks, Chief Human Resources Officer David Emanuel, Chief Customer Officer Sheila Pressley and Chief Strategy Officer Laura Dutton.
“Since joining JEA, I’ve worked to develop an unbeatable leadership team that delivers business excellence,” Stowe said. "With Laura now completing the team, JEA is led by a solid group of executives who have legacy and institutional knowledge of our operations and are ready to lead JEA into the future. This is an exciting time for JEA and for me."
Schepis has more than 15 years of experience in the government affairs and communications industries in Washington D.C., Virginia and Tennessee. In her new role, she will oversee JEA’s government affairs, media relations, communications, environmental operations and compliance monitoring departments.
For the past three years, Schepis was senior director of National Security Policy for Edison Electric Institute in Washington D.C. Her responsibilities included leveraging electric utility and government partnerships to enhance preparing for and defending against significant natural disasters and attacks on the energy grid.
Schepis also has held leadership roles at Partnership for Affordable Clean Energy and the American Public Power Association. She holds a bachelor’s degree and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Georgia. She will assume her position in late September and will earn an annual salary of $283,254.
JEA is a not-for-profit, community-owned utility located in Jacksonville, Florida, proudly serving an estimated 478,000 electric, 357,000 water, 279,000 sewer and 15,000 reclaimed water customers. JEA is not owned by investors. It was created by the City of Jacksonville to serve those who live in Jacksonville and in the surrounding communities. The sole purpose of JEA’s business is to ensure the electric, water and sewer demands of its customers are met, both today and for generations to come with the goal to provide reliable services at the best value to our customers while ensuring our areas’ precious natural resources are protected.
External Communications, JEA
Digital Head Shot (JPG):
- Chief External Affairs Officer Laura Schepis - Download
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.