What You Need to Start Service
- Social Security number / FEI Number1
- Driver’s license or state identification
- Complete address where service is to be started (If you are a renter, a copy of your lease agreement may be required)
- Date you wish to start your service
- Deposit, if required (Learn about deposits
for residential customers and
for commercial customers.)
Same-Day Service Turn-On
JEA can start, stop and transfer service fairly quickly if service has existed at the premise previously.
- Requests for service made prior to the start date or before 3:00 p.m. on the same day will start by close of business on the day you requested.
- Requests for service made after 3:01 p.m. will start on the next business day, excluding Sundays and holidays.
- If your home or business is a new service point, it may take a little longer.
Helpful Tips for Your New Account
Pay Your Deposit Online: After you set up your new utility account, you will find it is easy and convenient to accomplish all your JEA business online, especially paying your deposit.2
Billing and Payment Options: We offer a variety of convenient options that let you decide how you want to pay, manage, and receive your bill. You can sign up for paperless billing, auto-pay, MyBudget - our payment averaging plan - and more. Learn more about JEA billing and payment options.2
Payment Centers: When convenience is what matters most, stop by one of our authorized payment-only locations located all over the city.2
JEA Office: Our Customer Care Center representatives are available to provide a full range of services to our customers.2
1 Learn more about our Social Security Number Policy
2 If you choose to pay with your credit card, please be aware there is an additional non-refundable convenience fee of $2.20 for payments up to $500, $4.40 for payments $500.01 to $1,000, and $9.95 for payments $1,000.01 to $10,000, charged by the outside vendor that handles all our credit card payments.