- My Account
- Account Name Changes
- Changes in Account Holder
- Claim Resolution
- Deposit and Connection Fees
- JEA Credit Score
- Medical Alerts
- Reclaimed Water Inspection Fee
- Service Charges
- Service Reconnection
- Social Security Numbers
- Collections, Disconnections, and Unauthorized Utility Use
New Residential Customers
If you are a new to JEA, you can create an account and start your utility service online. Please have the following items handy:
- Your Social Security Number (see below for other forms of identification);
- Your U.S. Driver's License or State Identification Card;
- The address where you want to start service;
- The date you want services to start; and,
- Deposit, if required. Read our Residential Deposit Policy
If you're a interested in starting commercial services, please call our Business Support Center at (904) 665-6250.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
Effective Monday, March 23, JEA’s Downtown Customer Center lobby at 21 West Church Street will close until further notice. If you are starting service and do not have the necessary forms of identification, please call us at (904) 665-6000.
If you do not provide your Social Security Number, you will need to bring two of any of the following forms of government-issued photo identification to our Customer Business Center and we'll help you get started.
- U.S. Driver's License
- Official State Identification
- U.S. Government/Military ID
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Alien Identification (Green Card)
- Foreign Passport with I-94 Debarkation Form
- Foreign Passport with I-551 Temporary U.S. Immigration Stamp
- B-1/B-2 Visa and Border Crossing Card
The identification must be valid, meaning it cannot be expired, and the photo must match the presenter.
Learn about our Social Security Number Policy
Same-day service requests must be made by calling (904) 665-6000.
JEA can start, stop and transfer service fairly quickly if service has existed at the premises previously. If your home or business is a new service point, it may take a little longer.
- When requested prior to the start date or before 3:00 p.m. on the same day, services will start by close of business on the day you requested.
- When requested after 3:01 p.m. on the start date, service will begin on the next business day, excluding Sundays and holidays.
Helpful Tips for Your New Account
After you set up your new utility account, you will find it is easy and convenient to accomplish all your JEA business online, especially paying your deposit.
Learn How to Pay Your Deposit Online
We offer a variety of convenient options that let you decide how you want to pay, manage, and receive your bill. You can sign up for paperless billing, AutoPay, MyBudget, and more.
Billing and Payment Options
When convenience is what matters most, stop by one of our authorized payment-only locations located all over the city.
Find a Payment Location
Visit Us Downtown
Effective Monday, March 23, JEA’s Downtown Customer Center lobby at 21 West Church Street will close until further notice. You can still pay your bill, track your usage and more with your online account.
Our Customer Care Center representatives are available to provide a full range of services to our customers.
No Paper Towels or Wipes in the Toilet
Remember, only toilet paper and human waste should go down your toilet. Flushing anything else, including paper towels, can damage JEA’s wastewater system and create dangerous (and disgusting) blockages called fatbergs.