- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Local Discharge Limits
- National Pretreatment Program Regulations
- Pretreatment Program Compliance Forms
- Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Wastewater Treatment Byproducts
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- What Not to Flush
- By the Numbers
- Community Impact
- Corporate Headquarters
- Government Relations
- Honors and Achievements
- Real Estate Services
- Vision, Mission and Values
Preferred Backflow Vendors
JEA’s preferred vendor list is offered to customers for their convenience in choosing a vendor who meets our requirements to test backflow preventers. We do not recommend one vendor over another.
Questions to Ask When Selecting a Backflow Prevention Vendor
- What do they charge for the annual test?
- When can they can come and do the test?
- Do they have a business license and insurance?
- Have they received their certification from a nationally recognized or state certification agency?
- Do they have a list of references or a list of satisfied customers?
- Does the company abide by and have a signed a Code of Conduct with JEA?
If an assembly fails the test, it will need to be repaired or replaced and retested. Assemblies are designed to last many years, and they often can be repaired inexpensively. Sometimes all the assembly needs is a good cleaning. The repair on small assemblies normally does not take more than one extra hour of labor.
Non-residential backflow preventers are required to be tested annually. Residential backflow preventers are required to be tested once every two years. Whether or not you receive a courtesy reminder from JEA, you need to contract to have your backflow preventers tested before the due date. Be sure to have the test done early and don’t wait until the end of the month. Many customers wait until the last minute and testers are very busy trying to meet the deadline.
Preferred General Backflow Prevention Assembly Vendors
|Absolute Backflow||(904) 451-4271||General|
|Aegis Fire Protection||(904) 215-9669||Fire Sprinkler Systems|
|All Weather Contractors||(904) 781-7060||General|
|American Backflow & Fire Services||(877) 393-5544||General|
|Big City Irrigation||(904) 500-2489||General|
|Bill Fenwick Plumbing||(904) 724-7022||General|
|Blue Flame Fire Protection||(904) 813-7113||Fire Sprinkler Systems|
|Bluewater Backflow Services||(904) 424-1804||General|
|Bob's Backflow & Plumbing Services*||(904) 268-8009||General|
|Cintas Fire Protection||(904) 562-7000||Fire Sprinkler Systems|
|Cox Fire Protection||(904) 781-8227||Fire Sprinkler Systems|
|Dolphin Backflow||(904) 269-5489||General|
|D.R. Leach Irrigation/Southern Scapes||(904) 529-1266||Irrigation Systems|
|Fire Sprinkler Services||(904) 734-3220||Fire Sprinkler Systems|
|Florascape Irrigation||(904) 646-4556||Irrigation Systems|
|Fortitude Fire Protection
||(904) 733-9008||Fire Sprinkler Systems|
|Metro Rooter||(904) 695-1911||General|
|Nolan Plumbing||(904) 783-4321||Irrigation Systems|
|Pine Enterprises||(770) 614-9664||General|
|Protective Systems||(904) 396-2866||General|
|Quick Response Fire Protection||(407) 469-2134||General|
|Simplex Grinnell||(904) 486-1200||Fire Sprinkler Systems|
|Star Fire Sprinklers||(904) 384-1066||General|
|Sunshine State Plumbing||(904) 262-1066||General|
|Touchton Plumbing Contractors||(904) 389-9299||General|
|Triple S Fire Protection||(904) 378-3449||Fire Sprinkler Systems|
|Turner Plumbing||(904) 396-7044||General|
|Wayne Automatic Fire||(904) 268-3030|
|W.W. Gay Mechanical||(904) 545-7401||General|
|W.W. Gay Fire Protection||(904) 394-5691||Fire Sprinkler Systems|
*Contracted vendors for JEA's Residential Backflow Preventer Checkup Program.