- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Responses
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Local Discharge Limits
- National Pretreatment Program Regulations
- Pretreatment Program Compliance Forms
- Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Wastewater Treatment Byproducts
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- What Not to Flush
- Fire Hydrants as an Accessible Water Source
- Frequent Water Questions
- Purified Water
- Water Facilities
- Benefits of Public Power
- Corporate Headquarters
- Government Relations
- Honors and Achievements
- Vision, Mission and Values
Preferred Backflow Vendors
JEA’s preferred vendor list is offered to customers for their convenience in choosing a vendor who meets our requirements to test, repair, replace and install backflow preventers. We do not recommend one vendor over another.
Questions to Ask When Selecting a Backflow Prevention Vendor
- What do they charge for the annual test?
- When can they can come and do the test?
- Do they have a business license and insurance?
- Have they received their certification from a nationally recognized or state certification agency?
- Do they have a list of references or a list of satisfied customers?
- Does the company abide by and have a signed a Code of Conduct with JEA?
If an assembly fails the test, it will need to be repaired or replaced and retested. Assemblies are designed to last many years, and they often can be repaired inexpensively. Sometimes all the assembly needs is a good cleaning. The repair on small assemblies normally does not take more than one extra hour of labor.
Non-residential backflow preventers are required to be tested annually. Residential backflow preventers are required to be tested once every two years. Whether or not you receive a courtesy reminder from JEA, you need to contract to have your backflow preventers tested before the due date. Be sure to have the test done early and don’t wait until the end of the month. Many customers wait until the last minute and testers are very busy trying to meet the deadline.
Preferred General Backflow Prevention Assembly Vendors
Individual vendors listed below may also be certified to test and repair specialty preventers (fire and irrigation).
|Sunshine State Plumbing||(904) 262-1066|
|Quick Response Fire Protection||(407) 469-2134|
|American Backflow & Fire Services||(877) 393-5544|
|Advanced Connections*||(904) 515-3354|
|Turner Plumbing||(904) 396-7044|
|All Weather Contractors||(904) 781-7060|
|Metro Rooter||(904) 695-1911|
|Absolute Backflow||(904) 451-4271|
|Star Fire Sprinklers||(904) 384-1066|
|Dunn Creek Irrigation||(904) 237-3997|
|Pine Enterprises||(770) 614-9664|
|Bob's Backflow & Plumbing Services*||(904) 268-8009|
|Dolphin Backflow||(904) 269-5489|
|Bluewater Backflow Services||(904) 424-1804|
|Protective Systems||(904) 396-2866|
|Bill Fenwick Plumbing||(904) 724-7022|
|Big City Irrigation||(904) 500-2489|
|W.W. Gay Mechanical||(904) 545-7401|
|Touchton Plumbing Contractors||(904) 389-9299|
Preferred Specialty Backflow Prevention Assembly Vendors (Install, Test, and Repair)
Fire Sprinkler Systems:
|Simplex Grinnell||(904) 486-1200|
|Fire Sprinkler Services||(904) 734-3220|
|Wayne Automatic Fire||(904) 268-3030|
|Cintas Fire Protection||(904) 562-7000|
|Triple S Fire Protection||(904) 378-3449|
|Aegis Fire Protection||(904) 215-9669|
|Fortitude Fire Protection
|Cox Fire Protection||(904) 781-8227|
|Blue Flame Fire Protection||(904) 813-7113|
|W.W. Gay Fire Protection||(904) 394-5691|
|Nolan Plumbing||(904) 783-4321|
|D.R. Leach Irrigation/Southern Scapes||(904) 529-1266|
|Florascape Irrigation||(904) 646-4556|
*Contracted vendors for JEA's Backflow Preventer Checkup Program.