- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Responses
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Upcoming Procurement Opportunities
- Local Discharge Limits
- National Pretreatment Program Regulations
- Pretreatment Program Compliance Forms
- Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Wastewater Treatment Byproducts
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- What Not to Flush
- Fire Hydrants as an Accessible Water Source
- Frequent Water Questions
- Purified Water
- Water Facilities
- Benefits of Public Power
- Corporate Headquarters
- Government Relations
- Honors and Achievements
Our Electric Generation Strategy
JEA is proud of its Electric System and its reputation as one of the nation’s exemplary municipal service providers. As of January 2018, our existing generation capacity is approximately 3,300 MWs and our generation fleet contains a diverse resource mix that includes two thirds natural gas. The remaining generation comes from coal, petcoke and renewables such as solar and methane gas.
Our Electric Business
JEA’s diverse electric generation fleet allows us to fine-tune our generation strategy based on the price of natural gas, petcoke or coal. This agility helps keep prices low for our customers.
Learn About Our Generation Strategy
JEA owns or co-owns five electric generation facilities, including renewable energy sources.
Become Familiar with JEA's Electric Facilities
The Energy Authority (TEA) provides public power utilities with access to advanced resources and technology systems so they can respond competitively in the changing energy markets.
Learn About TEA
JEA is one of 35 nationally and one of four in the state of Florida to receive the Diamond RP3 designation for our electric reliability efforts.
Learn How We Earn RP3 Designation
In large part, JEA’s smart grid is driven by the needs of our customers and we're here to help you learn more about these changes.
Learn About the New Grid
Many of our employees work in dangerous jobs, around electricity and at industrial facilities. We take electric safety seriously and we want you to, as well.
Get Electric Safety Tips for Your Home