- Advanced Technology Meters
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Responses
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Local Discharge Limits
- National Pretreatment Program Regulations
- Pretreatment Program Compliance Forms
- Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- Fire Hydrants as an Accessible Water Source
- Frequent Water Questions
- Water Facilities
- Benefits of Public Power
- Government Relations
- Honors and Achievements
- Real Estate Services
JEA Industrial Pretreatment is responsible for the administration of the National Pretreatment Program in areas serviced by JEA-owned wastewater facilities. JEA has been recognized for its robust pollution prevention programs, community outreach efforts, and internal process improvements and controls leading to dramatic reductions in pollutant loadings to JEA Water Reclamation Facilities.
The National Pretreatment Program, which began in 1972 under the Clean Water Act, is a cooperative effort of federal, state and local environmental agencies. JEA’s Industrial Pretreatment program received the Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Water Act First Place Award for outstanding large IP program in 2007.
Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
- Best Management Practices
- Contact Industrial Pretreatment
Objectives of the National Pretreatment Program
- Protect Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) from pollutants that may interfere with plant operation
- Prevent pollutants that may pass through untreated from being introduced to the POTW
- Improve opportunities for the POTW to reuse wastewater and sludge that is generated
Become familiar with the National Pretreatment Program Regulations
Industrial Pretreatment Awards 2017
JEA honored 41 companies at its 12th Annual Industrial Pretreatment Awards for achieving 100% environmental compliance in 2016. Norfolk Southern Corporation, Swisher International, and Trend Offset Printing each won awards for 12 years of 100 percent compliance.
Need Additional Information?
Contact us via email or phone for additional information.
View Current Outages
Report and track any service issue you're experiencing, or monitor the status an electrical outage.