- Business Resources
- Tax Exemptions
- Landlord Agreement Program
- Commercial Deposit Information
- Commercial Forms and Policies
- Economic Development Incentive Program
- Natural Gas Supply
- Commercial Standby Power
- Telecom Services
- Commercial Electric Rates
- Commercial Account Update Form
- Power Conditioning Equipment
- Commercial Water, Wastewater or Irrigation Bill Adjustments
- Fire Hydrant Meter Policy and Applications
- Claim Resolution for Businesses
- Small Business Hub
- New Business Customers
- JEA Landlord Agreement Program Form
- JEA Landlord Agreement Program Adding and Removing Addresses
- Save Energy and Money
- Business Resources
- Industrial Pretreatment
- Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
Part of the administration of the National Pretreatment Program is identifying and permitting facilities that meet program criteria. Facilities that are identified can be permitted in several ways.
- Industries that discharge process wastes fall under Industrial User Discharge Permits (IUDP).
- Companies which haul domestic and portable toilet waste to Buckman WWTF are given a Waste Hauler Discharge Permit.
- Under certain circumstances groundwater which is produced from either construction or low level clean up and does not meet surface water criteria can apply for a Groundwater Discharge Permit to discharge these waters to the sanitary sewer.
If you are not certain if you require a IUDP please fill out the Industrial Pretreatment survey. If you are applying for a permit there is a $250.00 permit fee payable to JEA.
Please return surveys and applications to:
Industrial Pretreatment, T-8
21 West Church Street
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Do I need a permit?
- Groundwater Discharge Permit Application (PDF)
- Industrial User Discharge Permit Application (PDF)
- Waste Hauler Discharge Permit (WHDP) Application (PDF)
Application Packet Forms
Please download and review these forms when applying for any Industrial Pretreatment permit.
- Accidental Discharge and Slug Control Plan (ADSCP) (PDF)
- Accidental Discharge and Slug Control Plan (ADSCP) Template (PDF)
- Analytical Methods (PDF)
- Chapter 62-625 Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.)
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations: 40 CFR 403
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection Laboratory Guidance (F.A.C. 62-160) (PDF)
- JEA’s Industrial Pretreatment Regulations (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Rates
- Sewer Surcharge (PDF)
Signatory Requirements (PDF)
Business Energy Advisor
JEA’s Business Energy Advisor can help you save time, money and energy. It's your source for actionable advice on proven energy management strategies and technologies.
JEA Industrial Pretreatment is responsible for administration of the National Pretreatment Program in areas that discharge wastewater into JEA-owned wastewater facilities. JEA has been recognized for its robust pollution prevention programs, community outreach efforts, and internal process improvements and controls leading to dramatic reductions in pollutant loadings to JEA Water Reclamation Facilities.