- Business Resources
- Tax Exemptions
- Landlord Agreement Program
- Commercial Deposit Information
- Commercial Forms and Policies
- Economic Development Incentive Program
- Natural Gas Supply
- Commercial Standby Power
- Telecom Services
- Commercial Electric Rates
- Commercial Account Update Form
- Power Conditioning Equipment
- Commercial Water, Wastewater or Irrigation Bill Adjustments
- Fire Hydrant Meter Policy and Applications
- Claim Resolution for Businesses
- Small Business Hub
- New Business Customers
- JEA Landlord Agreement Program Form
- JEA Landlord Agreement Program Adding and Removing Addresses
- Fleet Electrification Program
- Save Energy and Money
Commercial Fats, Oils and Grease Clean-Out Management Program
Any food service establishment or commercial/institutional kitchen that is connected to the JEA wastewater system is required to participate in the Commercial Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) program. Our Commercial FOG Program helps you navigate facility requirements, grease trap maintenance requirements, and best management practices.
All New Automated FOG Clean-Out Tracking Platform
JEA’s new Commercial Fats, Oils and Grease platform, FOG BMP, is being provided by JEA to help you ensure that your facility is in compliance with the JEA rules and regulations. This free FOG clean-out tracking solution allows you to see all of the information that JEA has for your facility at any time.
- If you are a self-cleaner, you will be able to track your clean-outs in the database. Learn more about the reporting process (PDF download).
- If you use a Certified Hauler, you will see where your Hauler has tracked all of your cleanings. Learn more about using a FOG Certified Hauler
- Inspection pass/fail information can be found in your profile.
Also Included in the FOG BMP Platform
Our new clean-out tracking database will regularly remind you of actions needed by your facility. Reminders, which will come in the form of an email from FOG BMP, may include but not be limited to:
- Passed/failed inspections
- Missed required clean-outs
- Approval of corrective actions taken
- Communications about any changes or other information they would like all facilities to have at any given time
Important BMP Documents
Best Management Practices for Your Facility
- Training videos
- Kitchen signage
Download Our Free Sign for Your Kitchen
- Your facility must use a properly functioning grease trap. New facilities can be certified by any licensed plumber or a JEA Certified Hauler.
- You must have your grease trap/interceptor cleaned in accordance with the chart below.
- You must submit a pump-out report no more than five (5) business days after cleaning your trap/interceptor.
- Interceptor (750 gallons+) - Minimum of every 90 days, or more often if grease and solids levels reach 25 percent of the tank volume.
- Intermediate (51-749 gallons) - Not to exceed 30 days.
- Trap (less than 50 gallons) - Not to exceed 15 days. Read our small trap maintenance requirements
JEA Certified Haulers
JEA Certified Haulers let you concentrate on your business, rather than adding another task to your already busy schedule. These grease trap maintenance service providers meet JEA’s criteria for grease trap maintenance and FOG Program report submission. Benefits of using a JEA Certified Hauler include:
- JEA Certified Haulers submit all required reports and maintenance records for your facility.
- Any follow-up inspections of your facility will be geared toward Certified Hauler performance, not your facility’s compliance.
To be added to this listing, these companies have passed all of the criteria set forth by JEA to ensure they meet FOG Program standards. Some of these criteria include:
- Submission of required paperwork
- Acceptable disposal method documentation
- Acceptable grease trap maintenance performance
- A commitment to the service of their customers as well as the FOG program
|A.G.G. Pumping Services||(904) 874-3976|
|A+ Environmental Solutions||(904) 662-0961|
|Alpha & Omega Grease Service||(904) 924-4608|
|Constance Pumping Service||(904) 294-8320|
|Darling Ingredients (Dar Pro)||(904) 964-8083|
|Darrell Crews Septic Service, LLC||(904) 923-1241|
|First Coast Greaseman Services||(904) 502-3642|
|Liquid Environmental Services||(866) 694-7327|
|Metro Rooter (Wind River Environment)||(904) 695-1911|
|Triple S. Plumbing||(352) 473-0083|
|Workman's Kwik-Fix Plumbing
Business Energy Advisor
JEA’s Business Energy Advisor can help you save time, money and energy. It's your source for actionable advice on proven energy management strategies and technologies.