- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- 2022.01.06 JEA Names its First Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 2022.01.07 JEA Reducing Carbon Emissions with Closure of Plant Scherer Coal-fired Unit
- 2022.01.17 Statement on Holiday Road Sewer Overflow
- 2022.01.27 JEA Names Mark Stultz Vice President, Communications
- 2022.02.11 JEA Honored as Outstanding Utility by Florida Urban Forestry Council
- 2022.04.08 Steven Selders Promoted to JEA Vice President, Application Delivery and Enterprise Architecture
- 2022.04.26 JEA Managing Director & CEO Jay Stowe, Appointed to Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Bid Results
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Requests for Information
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Real Estate Services
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Corporate Headquarters
- Community Impact
- Benefits of Public Utilities
Certified Hauler Program
Key participants in JEA’s Fats, Oils and Greases (FOG) Program are the vendors that pump out and dispose of grease trap/interceptor contents. It is essential that waste haulers adequately maintain traps/interceptors and dispose of their contents in an acceptable manner.
The Certified Hauler Program (CHP) is for grease trap pump-out vendors that meet certain JEA established criteria. FOG generators in the JEA FOG Program are encouraged to use vendors in the CHP. When generators use a vendor in the CHP, the hauler will assume responsibility for submitting completed pump-out reports. Also, grease trap inspections will be focused on the hauler's performance in maintaining the trap, and most discrepancies could be addressed to the hauler, not the generator.
Vendors not in the CHP cannot submit pump-out reports to JEA, therefore pump-outs by non-certified haulers are considered invalid. Download a list of JEA Certified Haulers (PDF download).
Certified Hauler Program Criteria
- Submit list of facilities pumped out on a regular basis for baseline data collection of grease trap pump-outs.
- Attend waste hauler education meetings.
- Accurately complete the FOG Pump-Out Reports and submit them to JEA within five (5) days of pump-out.
- Satisfactory results from grease trap inspections indicate acceptable pump-outs.
Certified Hauler Program Benefits
A Certified Hauler (CH) may assume some responsibilities from the generator.
For generators selecting a maintenance company from the Certified Hauler List:
- Maintenance inspections focus on CH performance.
- CH will complete and submit Pump-Out Reports within five (5) days of pump.
- Any discrepancies found during maintenance inspections or as a result of a late or incomplete report will be handled through the CH.
For generators deciding to maintain their own internal grease trap:
- Internal grease traps can be maintained by the waste generator. However, larger grease traps are required to be maintained by a CH.
- Maintenance inspections focus on the generator's compliance.
- Generator is required to complete and submit Pump-Out Reports within five (5) days of pump via FOG BMP and include pictures showing the trap emptied. Please review the process for submitting pump-out reports (PDF download).
- Any discrepancies found during maintenance inspections or as a result of a late or incomplete report will be addressed to generator management.
- FOG BMP works best using the Google Chrome internet browser.
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.