- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- 2022.01.06 JEA Names its First Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 2022.01.07 JEA Reducing Carbon Emissions with Closure of Plant Scherer Coal-fired Unit
- 2022.01.17 Statement on Holiday Road Sewer Overflow
- 2022.01.27 JEA Names Mark Stultz Vice President, Communications
- 2022.02.11 JEA Honored as Outstanding Utility by Florida Urban Forestry Council
- 2022.04.08 Steven Selders Promoted to JEA Vice President, Application Delivery and Enterprise Architecture
- 2022.04.26 JEA Managing Director & CEO Jay Stowe, Appointed to Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council
- 2022.06.01 JEA Partnering with Customers to be Ready for 2022 Hurricane Season
- 2022.06.08 JEA Announces Next Generation of Customer Experience Delivery
- 2022.06.13 JEA Presents Environmental Stewardship Award to Evoqua Water Technologies
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Requests for Information
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Real Estate Services
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Corporate Headquarters
- Community Impact
- Benefits of Public Utilities
Wastewater Treatment Byproducts
Our Buckman Residuals Treatment Facility treats 100 percent of the residuals produced. Also known as sludge, this is the result of the treatment of sewage at our plants.
Transforming Sludge into Slow-Release Fertilizer
Prior to 2002, we incinerated the sludge byproduct. In 2002, these sludge incinerators were converted to a biosolids (pelletized fertilizer) facility. Biosolids are a natural, low nitrogen/phosphorus, slow-release, organic fertilizer similar to Milorganite®, which has been produced for over 50 years. We market our biosolids through GreenTechnologies under the brand name GreenEdge®.
GreenEdge® is a slow-release fertilizer for home lawns, golf courses, ball parks, and other turf grass and ornamental applications. By slowly releasing nutrients like nitrogen and phosphorus into the soil, fewer nutrients are washed into our waterways, helping to protect them and the many plants and animals that depend on them for survival.
Initially, GreenEdge® was targeted toward golf courses, ball parks and recreational parks. However, GreenEdge® is now available to professional green industries as well as homeowners. Homeowners can find GreenEdge® in their local retail stores such as ACE Hardware and Garden Centers.
Commercial users may obtain GreenEdge® by contacting GreenTechnologies directly. GreenTechnologies, LLC. is a technology and marketing company that partnered with us to develop and produce GreenEdge®.
For more information, contact GreenTechnologies, LLC. at (877) 473-3630 or visit them online at www.green-edge.com
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.