Water Outages and Advisories
CURRENT STATUS: There are currently no wide spread outages to report. Please contact JEA at (904)-665-6000 for the latest updates.
Current Boil Water Advisories (BWA)
Beginning on the dates below, a Precautionary Boil Water Advisory will be in effect for the following areas. Not sure if you're affected?
Learn How We Notify Customers of a BWA
- July 29, 2019 at 11:00 p.m. - BWA Lifted August 1, 2019 at 8:46 a.m.
3800 University Blvd - La Esperanza Apartments
3830 University Blvd - Kentwood Apartments
- August 8, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. - BWA Lifted August 10, 2019 at 9:15 a.m.
1520 Sprinkle Dr - Arlington Heights Elementary School
- August 9, 2019 at 12:30 a.m. - BWA Lifted August 11, 2019 at 3:45 p.m.
3870 University Blvd - Kentwood Apartments
- August 9, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. - BWA Lifted August 11, 2019 at 3:45 p.m.
9000 Southside Blvd Building 400
BWA Causes and Recommendations
A precautionary boil water advisory is issued when there is a possibility that the water pressure in the water system dropped to such an extent that bacteria or foreign matter could have entered the water system. This may be caused by one or more of these reasons:
- A water main break, repair, or system maintenance
- Damage to water lines or systems due to a storm or hurricane or other event
- An electrical power outage to a water plant or facility
Customers should bring water to a rolling boil for a minimum of one minute prior to using for drinking, food preparation, or cooking. It is recommended that customers flush water lines for three minutes after water returns in order to remove any air and
possible sediments from the lines.
Read Our Recommendations for BWAs