Water Outages and Advisories
There are currently no area wide outages to report. Please call (904) 665-6000 for the most up-to-date information.
Current Boil Water Advisories (BWA)
Beginning on the dates below, a Precautionary Boil Water Advisory will be in effect for the following areas. Not sure if you're affected?
Learn How We Notify Customers of a BWA
- May 20, 2019 at 11:00 p.m.
9980 New Kings Road – Racetrack
9901 New Kings Road – Subway
9901 New Kings Road – Circle K
9055 New Kings Road – Wendy’s
9012 New Kings Road – Dairy Queen
- May 14, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. - BWA Lifted May 16, 2019 at 10:54 a.m.
9611 Southbrook Dr - Evergreen Club Apartments
- May 14, 2019 at 9:30 a.m. - BWA Lifted May 16, 2019 at 10:53 a.m.
1100 Cesery Blvd - Amercain Care Medical Centers
929 Univeristy Blvd N - DaVita Jacksonville Arlington Dialysis
- May 12, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. - BWA Lifted May 14, 2019 at 10:40 a.m. - Lakewood Promenade Businesses – San Jose Blvd and University Blvd W
- Doing Dishes
- Tijuana Flats
- Naura Café
- Lakewood Jewelers
- Lucy’s Gift Boutique
- Best Alterations
- Cliff’s Barber Shop
- Lex Nails
- May 7, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. - BWA Lifted May 9, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
6090 Terry Road Apt 102 - Summer Glen Apartments
BWA Causes and Recommendations
A precautionary boil water advisory is issued when there is a possibility that the water pressure in the water system dropped to such an extent that bacteria or foreign matter could have entered the water system. This may be caused by one or more of these reasons:
- A water main break, repair, or system maintenance
- Damage to water lines or systems due to a storm or hurricane or other event
- An electrical power outage to a water plant or facility
Customers should bring water to a rolling boil for a minimum of one minute prior to using for drinking, food preparation, or cooking. It is recommended that customers flush water lines for three minutes after water returns in order to remove any air and possible sediments from the lines.
Read Our Recommendations for BWAs
Sewer/Wastewater Environmental Cautions and Advisory Notices
Storm Preparation Tip
Make sure your JEA account information is up to date so we can reach you with power restoration updates.