Water Outages and Advisories
All repairs to the broken 10'' PVC main line at the intersection of Geraldine Dr., Herschel St. and St.Johns Av. have been completed. The intersection is back open and all detours have been removed. Updates will be posted as received. Please call
(904) 665-6000 for the most up-to-date information.
Current Boil Water Advisories (BWA)
Beginning on the dates below, a Precautionary Boil Water Advisory will be in effect for the following areas. Not sure if you're affected?
Learn How We Notify Customers of a BWA
November 14, 2018 at 9:30 p.m. BWA Lifted November 17, 2018 at 8:00am
- 2669 Edison Ave - Edison Worship Center
- 2711 Edison Ave - Riverside Event Center
- 2816 Edison Ave - New Good Shepherd
- 2959 Edison Ave - End Times
- 2952 Edison Ave - It's Your World Day Care
November 4, 2018 at 5:40 p.m. - BWA Lifted November 7, 2018 at 10:25 a.m.
- 8550 Garden Street
- Sycamore Street from Rabbit Ridge Road to 7834 Sycamore Street
- Rabbit Ridge Road
- Foxtrail Lane
November 3, 2018 at 7:30 a.m. - BWA Lifted November 5, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.
- Enterprise Park - 4190 Belfort Road
November 9, 2018 at 2:40 p.m. - BWA Lifted November 11, 2018 at 10:00am
- 14470 - 14724 Stacey Rd
- 4102 - 4244 Stacey Rd West
- 4256 - 4289 Stacey Ct
- 4210 - 4273 Stacey Rd East
- 4105 - 4455 Seabreeze Dr
- 14000 - 146800 Marsh Island Ln
- 14535 - 14583 Breeze Ct
- !4838 - 14889 Bonefish Dr
4150 - 4181 Tortola CtBWA Causes and Recommendations
A precautionary boil water advisory is issued when there is a possibility that the water pressure in the water system dropped to such an extent that bacteria or foreign matter could have entered the water system. This may be caused by one or more of these reasons:
- A water main break, repair, or system maintenance
- Damage to water lines or systems due to a storm or hurricane or other event
- An electrical power outage to a water plant or facility
Customers should bring water to a rolling boil for a minimum of one minute prior to using for drinking, food preparation, or cooking. It is recommended that customers flush water lines for three minutes after water returns in order to remove any air and possible sediments from the lines.
Read Our Recommendations for BWAs
Sewer/Wastewater Environmental Cautions and Advisory Notices
Storm Preparation Tip
Make sure your JEA account information is up to date so we can reach you with power restoration updates.