Water Outages and Advisories
There are currently no area wide outages to report. Please call (904) 665-6000 for the most up-to-date information.
Current Boil Water Advisories (BWA)
Beginning on the dates below, a Precautionary Boil Water Advisory will be in effect for the following areas. Not sure if you're affected?
Learn How We Notify Customers of a BWA
March 19, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. - BWA Lifted March 21, 2019 at 10:06 a.m.
- 8214 Princeton Square Blvd E Apt 1 - Bentley Green Apartments
March 20, 2019 at 8:45 p.m. - BWA Lifted March 24, 2019 at 12:30 p.m.
- 1004 Edgewood Ave W - Ascension Medical Group – St. Vincent’s General Surgery
March 22, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. - BWA Lifted March 25, 2019 at 8:25 a.m.
- 5520 University Blvd W Apt 1 - University Baptist Church
BWA Causes and Recommendations
A precautionary boil water advisory is issued when there is a possibility that the water pressure in the water system dropped to such an extent that bacteria or foreign matter could have entered the water system. This may be caused by one or more of these reasons:
- A water main break, repair, or system maintenance
- Damage to water lines or systems due to a storm or hurricane or other event
- An electrical power outage to a water plant or facility
Customers should bring water to a rolling boil for a minimum of one minute prior to using for drinking, food preparation, or cooking. It is recommended that customers flush water lines for three minutes after water returns in order to remove any air and possible sediments from the lines.
Read Our Recommendations for BWAs
Sewer/Wastewater Environmental Cautions and Advisory Notices
Storm Preparation Tip
Make sure your JEA account information is up to date so we can reach you with power restoration updates.