- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- 2022.01.06 JEA Names its First Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 2022.01.07 JEA Reducing Carbon Emissions with Closure of Plant Scherer Coal-fired Unit
- 2022.01.17 Statement on Holiday Road Sewer Overflow
- 2022.01.27 JEA Names Mark Stultz Vice President, Communications
- 2022.02.11 JEA Honored as Outstanding Utility by Florida Urban Forestry Council
- 2022.04.08 Steven Selders Promoted to JEA Vice President, Application Delivery and Enterprise Architecture
- 2022.04.26 JEA Managing Director & CEO Jay Stowe, Appointed to Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Requests for Information
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Corporate Headquarters
- Community Impact
- Benefits of Public Utilities
- Real Estate Services
With a professional role at JEA, you will contribute your expertise to one of many departments, including JEA’s finance, accounting and human resources departments. See which professional positions we have below for you.
Examples of Professional career titles include:
- Manager Tax Administration
- Manager Performance Improvement
- Master Black Belt
- Bond Compliance Specialist
- Labor Relations Specialist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Acquisition Senior Specialist
Manager of Project Accounting, Akiesha, is a financial all-star at JEA and helps the company meet its goals every day. She began her professional career as a claims adjuster at Blue Cross Blue Shield (Florida Blue) where she worked for eight years. After working in that industry for some time, Akiesha realized that she wanted to pursue something a little different. She went back to college at the University of North Florida to obtain a degree in accounting. It was during her junior year that she was advised not to graduate without accounting experience. Akiesha took that to heart and found a co-op opportunity with JEA, where she worked in Financial Reporting as a year-round co-op during her senior year. Once she obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, she was hired in the Payroll Department. There, she reviewed payroll processes and issued related documentation to current and retired employees. This was just the beginning of a growing career for her.
Find what you’re passionate about, create a goal, make a plan, work toward it, and be the best you can be.
Akiesha was soon promoted to a Financial Analyst Senior in Project Accounting. There, she worked to record and report on capital assets. During this time, she took advantage of the JEA tuition reimbursement program and went back to UNF to earn a Master’s Degree in Accounting. She also became a CPA in the State of Florida. With her knowledge of JEA and now a robust education, she was again promoted to Manager of Project Accounting. She oversees $10 billion in capital assets. Akiesha has made a name for herself in JEA’s finance department as not only a die-hard New Orleans Saints fan, but as an exemplary employee.
What Akiesha loves most about JEA: "JEA offers opportunities for growth by providing educational resources as well as tuition reimbursement to employees to enhance their knowledge and skill sets. The company also has a level of flexibility offering an exceptional work-life balance."
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.