- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- 2022.01.06 JEA Names its First Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 2022.01.07 JEA Reducing Carbon Emissions with Closure of Plant Scherer Coal-fired Unit
- 2022.01.17 Statement on Holiday Road Sewer Overflow
- 2022.01.27 JEA Names Mark Stultz Vice President, Communications
- 2022.02.11 JEA Honored as Outstanding Utility by Florida Urban Forestry Council
- 2022.04.08 Steven Selders Promoted to JEA Vice President, Application Delivery and Enterprise Architecture
- 2022.04.26 JEA Managing Director & CEO Jay Stowe, Appointed to Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Requests for Information
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Corporate Headquarters
- Community Impact
- Benefits of Public Utilities
- Real Estate Services
Environmental positions allow you to help ensure that JEA complies with all federal, state and local environmental regulations. See which environmental positions we have below for you.
Examples of Environmental career titles include:
- Environmental Scientist
- Mgr Environmental Incident Response
- Laboratory Technician
- Laboratory Section Administrator
- Laboratory Scientist
Jake, Manager of the Fuels Laboratory, did not always have the utility industry in his sights. He studied at Pensacola Christian as a PreMed major and played basketball. Originally from New York, Jake embraced Florida and found his way to Jacksonville. He began working for JEA through Randstad, a talent placement agency, in the North Generating Station (NGS) fuels laboratory. During his time in the fuels lab, he learned more about materials and fuels science. Jake may have started as a temp, but he has now been with JEA for more than fourteen years. Once he was brought on as a permanent employee, he became a lab analyst. He worked in JEA’s water facilities checking and testing the health of the local water systems. After about four years, he was promoted to senior scientist and returned to the NGS providing more lab services. After about five years in this role, Jake was again promoted, but this time to the manager of the fuels lab.
When opportunity and preparation meet, things will happen.
Jake has been the manager of the fuels lab for more than a year now. On his journey to management, Jake developed his skillset by taking leadership courses that JEA offers. These courses included Six Sigma training, up through Black Belt, which he is hoping to get certified as soon. Not only has he been growing his career, but his relationships with his peers. Jake spent about four years working with AFSME, handling union relations where he held the title of Vice President and President, both for two years. He was heavily involved with union negotiations, leading teams and nurturing relationships. Jake describes his role in AFSME as “very rewarding” and an “invaluable experience.” His knowledge about negotiating and working with teams has helped him transfer into his role as manager.
Jake's Advice: "Strike a balance between trying to do everything and being patient. He also urges those considering employment with JEA to embrace the company structure including its union roles. These unions protect their employees and help ensure great relationships between employers and their employees."
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.