- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Responses
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Local Discharge Limits
- National Pretreatment Program Regulations
- Pretreatment Program Compliance Forms
- Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Wastewater Treatment Byproducts
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- What Not to Flush
- Fire Hydrants as an Accessible Water Source
- Frequent Water Questions
- Purified Water
- Water Facilities
- Benefits of Public Power
- Corporate Headquarters
- Government Relations
- Honors and Achievements
- Vision, Mission and Values
JEA Ambassadors: Engaging and Educating Our Community
JEA employee Ambassadors spend thousands of hours each year in the community educating our customers about conservation, safety and the various products and services JEA offers to customers; including solutions to help track their usage, pay their bill and how best to communicate with JEA.
Engage With Our Ambassadors
To have the JEA Ambassadors participate in your event, please follow one of the links below:
Includes, but not limited to, Bi-Annual Home & Patio Shows, the Southern Women’s Show, the Black Expo, World of Nations, Earth Day, church, school and smaller community events
Community Event Participation Request Form
Churches, schools, civic groups, and home owners associations may request our JEA Ambassadors to speak about energy and water conservation, utility safety, environmental topics and more.
Speaker Request Form
Energy and Water Plant Tours
Several of our energy and water plants are available for tours.
Tour Request Form
Ongoing Ambassador Events
JEA Ambassadors also engage with the community through ongoing partnerships with area non-profits and agencies. These partnerships allow employees to develop a closer relationship with our customers and community.
- United Way Real Sense and Junior Achievement: Employees offer financial literacy information to adults and youth.
- Power Pals: Our Ambassador instructors teach electric and water safety to first and second graders through select elementary school partnerships.
Spotlighting our JEA Ambassadors
Edgar Gutierrez, Manager, Customer Solutions, has been with JEA for over eight years, and began participating in the Ambassador Program about seven years ago. His primary interest for being a JEA Ambassador, was the opportunity to get out into the public and interact with members of the community. “JEA has a great reputation in this city. I wanted to be able to talk to people about how they see the company and answer any questions they have,” he said.
Edgar’s favorite ambassador activities involve going into elementary and vocational schools and speaking with those who may be interested in being an engineer, like him. One particular experience that stands out in his mind as particularly gratifying,
was when a student from the Episcopal School asked him for assistance with a science fair. With the help of two other engineers, they assisted the student whose project went on successfully beyond the region to a state competition.
“Sharing with others about energy sustainability and providing exposure to different concepts, like solar farms, is very satisfying,” Edgar says. It’s the variety of opportunities as a JEA Ambassador that keeps him enthusiastic about the program, and he encourages others to get involved too.