- In Our Community
- Connecting to the JEA Vacuum Sewer System
- Connecting to the JEA Water System
- Construction Terms
- King Street Emergency Sewer Repair Project
- Meet the Project Outreach Team
- Move Over Law
- Park Street Emergency Sewer Repair
- Project Outreach Contact Form
- Riverview Water Main Installation Projects
- Septic Tank Phase Out
- Site Restoration
- Trenchless Technology
- Absorption and Reflection
- Building a Well-Insulated Home
- Contaminating an Aquifer
- Flushable or Not Flushable?
- How Much to Water Plants?
- Learning About Lawns
- Modeling Beach Erosion
- Underground Water
- Watching Plants Breathe
- Water to Vapor, Water to Ice
- What Dirties the Water? (And How Can We Clean It Up?)
- What Makes Drought-Tolerant Plants Work?
- What's Growing in the Water?
- JEA at the MOSH
- JEA Power Pals
- JEA Power Pals Form
- School Performances
- Teacher Resources
- Call Before You Dig
- Community Investment
- Employee Giving
- Get Assistance
- Give Assistance
- Join Our Email Community
- Light It Forward Award
- Neighbor to Neighbor Donation Form
- Neighborhood Energy Efficiency Program
- Our One Water
- Our Partners
- Prosperity Scholarship Fund Donation Form
JEA employee Ambassadors spend thousands of hours each year in the community educating our customers about conservation, safety and the various products and services JEA offers to customers; including solutions to help track their usage, pay their bill and how best to communicate with JEA.
Our Ambassadors engage with customers and the community throughout the year in various ways:
- At community events such as the annual Home & Patio Shows, the Southern Women’s Show, the Black Expo, World of Nations, Earth Day events and many church, school and smaller community events
- Through speaking invitations to community churches, schools, civic groups, home owners associations and others that want to hear about utility conservation, utility safety, environmental topics and other topics important or relative to the group or audience
- Through tours given of our energy generation and waste water facilities. Several of our energy and water plants are available for group tours of adults and middle-school and older youths
- As instructors of financial literacy information to adults and youth in partnership with area nonprofits such as United Way’s Real Sense and Junior Achievement. Our Ambassador instructors also teach JEA’s electric and water safety Power Pals program to area first and second graders through select elementary school partnerships
To have the JEA Ambassadors participate in your event, speak at your organization, or guide you on a tour of one of our facilities, please follow one of the links below. Please review our Ambassador Program Guidelines.
Spotlighting our JEA Ambassadors
When it comes to delivering a positive customer experience, every JEA employee could learn a thing or two from Della, a JEA Customer Care Advisor and 20-year veteran at JEA.
Della started out delivering her personalized brand of customer care back when JEA had branch offices. There, she met customers in person and developed warm relationships with them. Nowadays, she works downtown, and mainly talks with customers on the phone when they have escalated issues, but that hasn’t stopped her from getting to know JEA customers on a more personal level.
“I do a lot of Ambassador events such as the Home and Patio show,” Della said. “In fact, I couldn’t believe all the questions about solar that we received at the Fall Home and Patio Show. Customers are interested in solar.”
Della will go to churches, schools and retirement communities as an Ambassador – wherever there’s an opportunity to talk with customers. She makes sure to tell elderly customers about JEA Senior Day, and all customers, young and old, about how to save on their bill.
“The Ambassador program gives me the chance to actually meet the people who are calling in to JEA,” she said. “I love it.”
Storm Preparation Tip
Make sure your JEA account information is up to date so we can reach you with power restoration updates.