- In Our Community
- Absorption and Reflection
- Building a Well-Insulated Home
- Contaminating an Aquifer
- Flushable or Not Flushable?
- How Much to Water Plants?
- Learning About Lawns
- Modeling Beach Erosion
- Underground Water
- Watching Plants Breathe
- Water to Vapor, Water to Ice
- What Dirties the Water? (And How Can We Clean It Up?)
- What Makes Drought-Tolerant Plants Work?
- What's Growing in the Water?
- Drop Savers Poster Contest
- JEA at the MOSH
- JEA Power Pals
- JEA Power Pals Form
- School Performances
- Teacher Resources
- Call Before You Dig
- Get Assistance
- Give Assistance
- Join Our Email Community
- Neighbor to Neighbor Donation Form
- Neighborhood Energy Efficiency Program
- Our One Water
- Prosperity Scholarship Fund Donation Form
JEA employees are our strongest connection to the communities we service and are committed to making a difference through volunteerism.
Our employees volunteer throughout the year with various organizations to help improve the quality of life for our customers. JEA employees volunteer thousands of hours to help build homes, clean-up along the river, serve meals to those in need, even read stories to children.
Spotlighting Our Employee Volunteers
JEA Senior Meter Specialist, Sandra has a heart as vast as the sizeable rumble of her Harley-Davidson motorcycle. It’s why she enjoys volunteering for JEA events like the United Way Kickoff at the Commonwealth Service Center.
“United Way helps families and kids. That’s important to me,” said Sandra, who’s worked at JEA 16 years.
Sandra has sorted food at the Feeding Northeast Florida Food Bank and helped organize a JEA/Greenscape of Jacksonville tree giveaway. And in what could only be described as “Sandra’s Totally Perfect Day,” she rode her motorcycle as part of JEA’s annual “Charity Ride for United Way.”
It wasn’t a volunteer activity, of course, but as Sandra put it, “It was a great day. Lots of prizes, lots of fun, all for families and kids. A great cause.”
Stay in the Loop
Catch up on the latest JEA buzz with our monthly eNewsletters.