- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Requests for Information
- Bid Results
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Real Estate Services
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Corporate Headquarters
- Community Impact
Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
JACKSONVILLE – Ricardo “Rick” Morales III, president and chief operating officer of Morales Construction Co. Inc., has joined the JEA board of directors. The Jacksonville City Council approved Morales’ appointment at its Sept. 28
“We are pleased that Rick Morales is joining JEA’s board,” said JEA Managing Director & CEO Jay Stowe. “He brings a new perspective to our board and his long history as a leader in the Jacksonville community will allow us to continue on the path of becoming the best utility in the nation. We look forward to working with Mr. Morales as we serve Northeast Florida customers."
Morales fills a vacancy left by the late Leon Haley Jr., who died in an accident on July 24. Haley, who was CEO of UF Health Jacksonville, had served on the JEA board since April 2020.
Morales leads operations at Morales Construction, a design/build general contracting company specializing in estate custom homes in Northeast Florida. He has more than 35 years of experience in all phases of construction, including financial management, field supervision, project management, estimating, project development and executive management. Morales started his career as an estimator for Atlantic Constructors, a division of Patterson Enterprises, in 1985. In 1987, he joined Morales Construction Co., becoming president of the company in 1995.
Morales is active in numerous business and charitable organizations. He was appointed to the Florida Judicial Qualifications Commission by Gov. Jeb Bush in 2001 and 2007, then reappointed by Gov. Rick Scott in 2013 and served as its chairman from 2013 to 2015. Morales is a board member, PAC chairman and previous board president of the Northeast Florida Builders Association and is a director and past chairman of the Presidents Council for the Florida Home Builders Association.
Morales is a graduate of The Bolles School in Jacksonville and Wofford College in Spartanburg, South Carolina, where he received a bachelor's degree in finance.
JEA is a not-for-profit, community-owned utility located in Jacksonville, Florida, proudly serving an estimated 478,000 electric, 357,000 water, 279,000 sewer and 15,000 reclaimed water customers. JEA is not owned by investors. It was created by the City of Jacksonville to serve those who live in Jacksonville and in the surrounding communities. The sole purpose of JEA’s business is to ensure the electric, water and sewer demands of its customers are met, both today and for generations to come with the goal to provide reliable services at the best value to our customers while ensuring our areas’ precious natural resources are protected.
External Communications, JEA
Digital Head Shots (JPG):
- JEA Board of Directors Ricardo "Rick" Morales III - Download
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.