- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Results
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- iSupplier Portal
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Zycus Portal
- Community Impact
- Corporate Headquarters
- Honors and Achievements
- Media Relations
- Real Estate Services
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
JEA Board to Interview Final CEO Candidates at October 27 Meeting
Jacksonville, FL - The JEA board of directors will host its first in-person meeting since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic on Tuesday, Oct. 27 at 8:30 a.m. The meeting will be held at the Jacksonville Public Library Main Branch, 303 North Laura Street in downtown Jacksonville.
In addition to standard business, board members will use this opportunity to interview three finalists for the utility’s Managing Director and CEO position. The finalists are:
- John Lewis Hairston: Chief Operating Officer, Bonneville Power Administration, located in Portland, Oregon
- Morgan K. O’Brien: Former Chief Executive Officer and President, Peoples Gas, located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Jay C. Stowe: Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Stowe Utility Group LLC, located in Chattanooga, Tennessee; former Senior Vice President of Resources and Operations Support for the Tennessee Valley Authority
Space will be limited to approximately 70 attendees at the library, and JEA will follow COVID safety measures, including temperature checks upon entry, for all attendees.
JEA also will stream the meeting live at jea.com/liveboardmeeting and on JEA’s Facebook page (facebook.com/newsfromjea). Members of the public who wish to offer public comments but not attend in person may do so live through Webex (http://ow.ly/8qfV50BXmgH). The meeting number (access code) is 172 088 6263, and the meeting password is B0@rdM33t1ng!
JEA CEO Search Timeline
July 20: Position posted
Aug. 31: Posting expired
Sept. 7: Resumes and recommendations presented to the search committee
Sept. 14: Semifinalists selected
Sept. 28 - Oct. 2: Search committee interviews
Oct. 5: Deadline for finalists selected for JEA board interviews
Oct. 12-16: Board interviews
Oct. 27: Board will interview three finalists
Oct. 30: CEO named and contract negotiations completed
JEA is a not-for-profit, community-owned utility located in Jacksonville, Florida, proudly serving an estimated 478,000 electric, 357,000 water, 279,000 sewer customers and 15,000 reclaimed water customers. JEA is not owned by investors. It was created by the City of Jacksonville to serve those who live in Jacksonville and in the surrounding communities. The sole purpose of JEA’s business is to ensure the electric, water and sewer demands of its customers are met, both today and for generations to come with the goal to provide reliable services at the best value to our customers while ensuring our areas’ precious natural resources are protected.
JEA External Communications
Empowering Our Community
At JEA, community and service go hand in hand. Our employees volunteer their time and serve in several organizations throughout Jacksonville.