- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Wastewater Treatment Byproducts
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- What Not to Flush
- Community Impact
- Corporate Headquarters
- Honors and Achievements
- Media Relations
- Real Estate Services
- Vision, Mission and Values
Overview of Special COVID-19 Board Meeting
Jacksonville, FL (April 3, 2020) – Melissa Dykes, JEA Interim Managing Director and CEO issued the following overview of the actions taken by the JEA Board of Directors this afternoon:
Today, the JEA Board of Directors took the following action during a special meeting called to update them on JEA staff recommendations with regard to COVID-19:
- Approved the fast track of a bill credit from the Rate Stabilization Fund to customers that will appear on their May 2020 bills. Lower fuel prices and greater operating efficiencies mean JEA is spending less money on fuel, which creates the opportunity to share savings with customers now, when they need it, as opposed to spreading it out over time.
This fuel charge credit of $27 million will result in a bill reduction of approximately $25 per average residential customer (1,000 kWh).
- With the approval of the bill credit, the Board also agreed with the recommendation to launch a communications campaign to remind customers that while all customers will receive this credit, some are far more in need of assistance than others. If any customer receives the credit and wishes to contribute it to those in need, we will provide suggestions to make it easy for them to share their credit with others impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Board also received an information only update from staff on the additional steps already being implemented to provide relief for our valued customers during this pandemic emergency, including the following:
- Suspension of disconnections, effective March 12, 2020. Normal billing operations continue, however JEA will accommodate residential and commercial customers needing payment plans and arrangements if they are unable to pay their balance once normal operations begin.
- Elimination of late fees effective March 31, 2020 until further notice.
- Suspension of Credit Card Convenience Fees for a period of six months effective Monday, April 6, 2020. The waiver extends to payments up to $10,000. Customers may choose to pay amounts larger than $10,000 in multiples as they do today. MasterCard, Visa and Discover cards will be eligible for the convenience fee waiver.
JEA is committed to partnering with the community to get through this pandemic emergency. JEA remains hopeful that the action taken by the Board today, along with the other relief efforts already announced will provide some of the assistance we know our
customers will need to weather these difficult times. We encourage any customer who has questions or concerns about paying their JEA bill to contact us at 665-6000. Please look for additional information in the days ahead.
- fuel credit