- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Bid Forms
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Corporate Headquarters
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Community Impact
- Real Estate Services
JEA Ambassadors: Engaging and Educating Our Community
JEA team member Ambassadors spend thousands of hours each year in the community, educating our customers about conservation, safety and the various products and services JEA offers to customers; including solutions to help track their usage, pay their bill and how best to communicate with JEA.
Engage With Our Ambassadors
To have the JEA Ambassadors participate in your event, please follow one of the links below:
Includes, but not limited to, Bi-Annual Home & Patio Shows, the Southern Women’s Show, the Black Expo, World of Nations, Earth Day, church, school and smaller community events
Community Event Participation Request Form
Houses of worship, schools, civic groups, and homeowner associations may request our JEA Ambassadors to speak about energy and water conservation, utility safety, environmental topics and more.
Speaker Request Form
Energy and Water Plant Tours
Several of our energy and water plants are available for tours.
Tour Request Form
Ongoing Ambassador Events
JEA Ambassadors also engage with the community through ongoing partnerships with area nonprofits and agencies. These partnerships allow JEA team members to develop a closer relationship with our customers and community.
- United Way Real Sense and Junior Achievement: Our team members offer financial literacy information to adults and youth.
- Power Pals: Our Ambassador instructors teach electric and water safety to first and second graders through select elementary school partnerships.
Ambassador Spotlight of the Month (September 2021)
For Jacob Plicque P.E., giving back to his community has been in his DNA since long before he joined JEA 33 years ago, working his way through a number of engineering positions.
“I have a career in engineering because teachers, parents, and others nurtured and steered an inquisitive kid many years ago,” said Jacob, whose professional engineering licensing designation enables him to prepare, sign, seal and submit engineering plans and drawings to a public authority for approval. “We honor them by giving of ourselves to others and by finding fulfillment in doing so.”
As a serial volunteer, Jacob said he’s been serving the community his entire life, which helped him stay aligned with JEA commitment to its neighbors.
“Customers usually need a solution that cannot always be handled by a phone call,” he said. “The impact for me is, by searching for their answer, I learn something new through helping them. Giving them a solution is a job bonus for me.”
Jacob’s favorite part of being an Ambassador is the ongoing opportunities to work “with young people with inquiring minds.”
During a recent career day event at a school he recalls, “I was asked if a whale could be electrocuted, and that inquiry made me search out an answer,” he said. “While I didn’t find the answer to that specific question, it did lead me to learn about Thomas Edison’s experience electrocuting an elephant about 118 years ago. Regardless, it was a learning experience for both of us.”
It’s experiences like this that continue to fuel Jacob’s enthusiasm for JEA’s Ambassador Program. “It’s a commitment you’ll be glad you made,” he said.
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.