- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Advanced Technology Meters
- 2021.02.17 JEA Announces New Leadership Team
- 2021.03.11 JEA Receives First Place Safety Award from Florida Municipal Electric Association
- 2021.06.15 JEA Names Theodore B. Phillips Chief Financial Officer
- 2021.07.13 JEA Announces New COO and VP of Financial Services
- 2021.08.17 JEA Builds Out Leadership Team with Hiring of Chief External Affairs Officer
- 2021.09.15 JEA Names New Chief Information Officer, VP of Technical Services
- 2021.09.30 Ricky Erixton, JEA Vice President of Electric Systems, Named to SERC Reliability Board of Directors
- 2021.09.30 Ricardo “Rick” Morales III Appointed to JEA Board of Directors
- 2021.11.03 JEA Receives Statewide Recognition for Programs that Build Community
- 2022.01.06 JEA Names its First Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 2022.01.07 JEA Reducing Carbon Emissions with Closure of Plant Scherer Coal-fired Unit
- 2022.01.17 Statement on Holiday Road Sewer Overflow
- 2022.01.27 JEA Names Mark Stultz Vice President, Communications
- 2022.02.11 JEA Honored as Outstanding Utility by Florida Urban Forestry Council
- 2022.04.08 Steven Selders Promoted to JEA Vice President, Application Delivery and Enterprise Architecture
- 2022.04.26 JEA Managing Director & CEO Jay Stowe, Appointed to Electricity Subsector Coordinating Council
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Look Up an Invoice
- Bid Forms
- Requests for Information
- iSupplier Portal
- Zycus Portal
- Honors and Achievements
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
- Corporate Headquarters
- Community Impact
- Benefits of Public Utilities
- Real Estate Services
Advanced Technology Meters
You may have received a letter or door hanger from JEA letting you know we replaced your electric meter with a more technologically advanced version, or “smart meter.” These new meters are the first step in helping us modernize the electric grid while giving customers more control over their electric usage than ever before.
How Advanced Meters Work
Advanced meters connect your home to the electric grid with two-way communication, recording usage data and sending it to JEA over a secure wireless network. These communications not only alert JEA when you have a power outage but also allow you to monitor your usage online. While some advanced meters communicate over electric power lines, many communicate using radio frequency (RF) – similar to those used by WiFi and laptop computers.
Advanced meter radios are idle 99 percent of the time, and during the few minutes each day they are in operation, they produce far lower levels of RF emissions than other common household items, including microwaves, laptops and cellphones.
Advanced Meter Benefits
- Enhance reliability by detecting power outages sooner, so JEA can restore service faster.
- Enable you to monitor your electricity usage on an hourly basis, helping you control your usage to save money.
- Increase convenience, because meters are read remotely without a technician coming onto your property.
- Offer quicker connection and disconnection service (performed remotely).
- Reduce costs and emissions, because service trucks don’t need to come to your home.
- Keep rates down by helping customers monitor and decrease their electricity usage, reducing the need for JEA to build new power plants.
Monitoring Your Usage
If you have an advanced meter, you can see exactly how much electricity you use each hour.
My JEA Utility Tracker provides detailed information about your home’s electricity and water usage and suggests steps you can take to
use less so you can lower your bill.
Privacy and Security
At JEA, the privacy and security of our customers is of paramount concern to us. We protect your information on a secure wireless network that features additional security controls to guard against unauthorized access of private information. JEA will
never sell your information or email address to a third party.
Read our Privacy Statement