- In Our Community
- Absorption and Reflection
- Building a Well-Insulated Home
- Contaminating an Aquifer
- Flushable or Not Flushable?
- How Much to Water Plants?
- Learning About Lawns
- Modeling Beach Erosion
- Underground Water
- Watching Plants Breathe
- Water to Vapor, Water to Ice
- What Dirties the Water? (And How Can We Clean It Up?)
- What Makes Drought-Tolerant Plants Work?
- What's Growing in the Water?
- Drop Savers Poster Contest
- JEA at the MOSH
- JEA Power Pals
- JEA Power Pals Form
- School Performances
- Teacher Resources
- Call Before You Dig
- Get Assistance
- Give Assistance
- Join Our Email Community
- Neighbor to Neighbor Donation Form
- Neighborhood Energy Efficiency Program
- Our One Water
- Prosperity Scholarship Fund Donation Form
JEA employee Ambassadors spend thousands of hours each year in the community educating our customers about conservation, safety and the various products and services JEA offers to customers; including solutions to help track their usage, pay their bill and how best to communicate with JEA.
Our Ambassadors engage with customers and the community throughout the year in various ways:
- At community events such as the annual Home & Patio Shows, the Southern Women’s Show, the Black Expo, World of Nations, Earth Day events and many church, school and smaller community events
- Through speaking invitations to community churches, schools, civic groups, home owners associations and others that want to hear about utility conservation, utility safety, environmental topics and other topics important or relative to the group or audience
- Through tours given of our energy generation and waste water facilities. Several of our energy and water plants are available for group tours of adults and middle-school and older youths
- As instructors of financial literacy information to adults and youth in partnership with area nonprofits such as United Way’s Real Sense and Junior Achievement. Our Ambassador instructors also teach JEA’s electric and water safety Power Pals program to area first and second graders through select elementary school partnerships
To have the JEA Ambassadors participate in your event, speak at your organization, or guide you on a tour of one of our facilities, please follow one of the links below.
Spotlighting our JEA Ambassadors
Steve, Director of JEA’s Audit Services, is still relatively new to JEA having arrived here in November 2015. He has often volunteered where he worked, but being able to educate our customers about our company’s various services and solutions is a new experience for him.
Steve has enjoyed the variety of Ambassador Events thus far: visiting a Wal-Mart to share the benefits of LED lighting; participating in the Southern Women’s Show; and marching in a Veteran’s Day Parade! The questions and comments received from the event attendees – most of whom are JEA customers - are usually complimentary, sometimes challenging and critical, but always insightful.
Steve's favorite event so far was the most recent one, participating in the Florida STEM and Health Expo at the River City Science Academy. What a crowd! He stayed busy the entire day engaging with the students and their parents, and their enthusiasm was a pleasure to experience.
Stay in the Loop
Catch up on the latest JEA buzz with our monthly eNewsletters.