- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Wastewater Treatment Byproducts
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- What Not to Flush
- By the Numbers
- Community Impact
- Corporate Headquarters
- Honors and Achievements
- Media Relations
- Real Estate Services
- Vision, Mission and Values
JEA Sewer Improvement Project: State Street & Union Street
Jacksonville, FL - JEA will start work on a construction project in the downtown area to replace and upgrade the sanitary sewer infrastructure on portions of State Street, Union Street, and Liberty Street. When completed, this new infrastructure will provide better sewer system reliability for JEA customers in the area and allow for future growth in our community.
Construction will begin on Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. and is estimated to be completed by late September 2015. The contractor will not be working Saturday, February 21, 2015 to avoid traffic conflicts with the planned Monster Jam event scheduled for Everbank Field.
The contractor working for JEA (J.B. Coxwell, Inc.) will be required to close two of the four lanes of traffic when working on State Street and Union Street. Liberty Street from State Street to Union Street will be closed for the duration of the construction of a new JEA pump station and force main. As a courtesy to our customers, JEA’s contractor will be required to work during the evenings and weekends to avoid high traffic periods.
Construction Work Hours (State Street & Union Street):
- Weekdays from 7:30 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Weekends beginning Friday evenings from 7:30 p.m. continuous (24 hours) to 6 a.m. Monday mornings.
- The contractor will return both State Street and Union Street to normal four lane traffic during the weekdays (M-F) from 6 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. to avoid high traffic periods.
- The contractor will be allowed to work weekdays (excluding Wednesday) from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. to perform preparatory work necessary for the evening road closures. This preparatory work will require one lane closure.
Electronic message signs will be posted notifying area commuters and residents of lane and/or road closures prior to the work. Detour signs will be set-up to guide drivers around the construction area. Business and resident access will be maintained.
The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office (JSO) will be providing staffing and traffic control assistance during the evening work. All Emergency Medical Services (EMS) have been notified of the closure. These closures will not affect JTA bus service.
JEA will provide updated road and lane closure information on the “Traffic Alerts” section of our website located at construction.jea.com. For more information on this or any other JEA construction project, please visit construction.jea.com or contact JEA Project Outreach at 665-7500.
JEA is the eighth-largest community-owned electric utility in the United States and one of the largest water and sewer utilities in the nation providing electric, water and sewer service to residents and businesses in northeast Florida.