- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- iSupplier Portal
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Zycus Portal
- Community Impact
- Corporate Headquarters
- Honors and Achievements
- Media Relations
- Real Estate Services
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
JEA Sponsors Home Energy Makeover Contest
Jacksonville, FL - JEA is sponsoring a Home Energy Makeover Contest to demonstrate how whole house energy efficiency improvements can increase the overall comfort of a home and reduce energy bills.
- Applications will be accepted September 1 – October 7, 2011.
- Two people will win $10,000 home energy makeovers.
- The makeover is funded by a Department of Energy grant from the Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance (SEEA).
- The winners must be JEA electric customers, at least 21 years old and homeowners in Jacksonville, FL. (Employees, sponsors and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.)
Many factors affect the energy consumption of an individual home – the age, location, building materials, amount of insulation, efficiency of the heating and cooling units, and windows to name a few.
The makeover will include an energy audit of the home in order to determine the most effective energy saving features to reduce the energy consumption of the home.
JEA will also have a large display, Home Energy Makeover Expo, at the Fall Home & Patio Show, September 29 – October 2, at the Prime Osborn Convention Center.
JEA is the largest not-for-profit, community-owned electric utility in Florida and the eighth largest in the United States, providing electric, water and sewer service to accounts in northeast Florida.
- ways to save
Empowering Our Community
At JEA, community and service go hand in hand. Our employees volunteer their time and serve in several organizations throughout Jacksonville.