- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- iSupplier Portal
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Zycus Portal
- Community Impact
- Corporate Headquarters
- Honors and Achievements
- Media Relations
- Real Estate Services
- Strategic Focus and Core Values
JEA Warns Customers to Beware of Scams Involving Utility Bill Payments
Jacksonville, FL - JEA is warning its customers to beware of scams involving utility bill payments.
Recently, some JEA customers have been called, texted or visited in person, requesting a payment be made on a credit card number to avoid disconnection of services. JEA does not call its customers to make such requests. Additionally, some JEA customers are being offered payment of their utility bill for up to half off the total amount due. The scam works like this – a customer is approached and told their bill will be paid in full if the customer gives an amount in cash. Unfortunately, the account is then paid with a stolen credit card or check. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
JEA customers at risk for disconnect are informed by JEA on their JEA bill, in a letter from JEA and via phone message by JEA representative. At no time will a JEA representative request a credit card number over the phone or at the branch offices. Credit card payments are made through a third-party vendor via jea.com or JEA’s phone system. Both payment methods are initiated by the customer.
JEA offers more than 130 locations to make cash and check payments. These payments are provided at no extra charge to the customer. Should one of these locations charge to make a payment, JEA customers are asked to call 665-6000 to report the incident and JEA will remove the location from its list.
JEA provides the following payment options:
- JEA accepts the following forms of payment – major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard American Express and Discover), debit card with Visa logo, personal check, cash or cashier check
- Pay Online
- Online bill payment using credit card, debit card, or check
- The JEA E-Z Pay Plan – JEA's electronic payment service allows customers to authorize their bank, credit union, or savings and loan to deduct the monthly utility bill automatically from a checking or savings account.
- Pay by Phone – (904) 665-6000 customers can pay their bill using a major credit card, checking or savings account. JEA's automated bill payment system is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Pay by Mail
- JEA Authorized Payment Only Locations, which includes all Winn-Dixie stores
JEA is the eighth largest community-owned electric utility in the United States, providing electric, water and sewer service to accounts in northeast Florida.
- payment options
Empowering Our Community
At JEA, community and service go hand in hand. Our employees volunteer their time and serve in several organizations throughout Jacksonville.