- Benefits and Total Rewards
- The Unbeatable Team
- Veteran Appreciation
- Veterans Preference
- Women in Power
- Advanced Technology Meters
- Exceleron honors JEA with 2016 President’s Award for Special Recognition
- J.D. Power 2016 Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study
- JEA Receives Mayor’s Environmental Award
- JEA Water/Wastewater Team Takes Home Top Honors
- JEA Wins Top Honors at Water Environment Federation Competition
- JEA’s Cybersecurity Efforts Receive National Recognition
- Lineman Rodeo
- Melissa Dykes Recognized
- Paul McElroy, Ultimate CEO
- Consumptive Use Permit Approved for JEA Customer Water Use
- Don't Lose Your Cool in the Summer
- JEA in the Top 10 Utility Solar Rankings
- JEA Receives Special Recognition Award for Outstanding Safety Performance
- JEA Sponsors Home Energy Makeover Contest
- JEA Warns Customers to Beware of Scams Involving Utility Bill Payments
- Safety and Awareness for Our Customers
- When the Temperature Dips, Follow These Energy-Saving Tips
- Arlington Expressway Project Extended
- Arlington Expressway Traffic Alert for JEA Project
- JEA Announces Organizational Changes
- JEA Arlington Expressway Project Extended
- JEA Awarded as 2012 Region Best Tasting Drinking Water
- JEA Board Approves Fuel Charge and Water/Sewer Rate Decrease
- JEA Board Meeting Being Held at Special Time and Place
- JEA Board of Directors Names McElroy New CEO
- JEA Board Removes $2 Branch Fee
- JEA CEO Candidates Narrowed
- JEA CEO Jim Dickenson Announces Retirement
- JEA Chief Public Affairs Officer Receives National Public Power Award
- JEA Earns Reliable Power Recognition
- JEA Encourages Community to Recycle Used Cooking Oil for Biodiesel
- JEA Encourages Customers to Slay Vampire Load
- JEA Finance and Audit Committee Recommendation: Decrease Fuel Charge and Reduce Previously Approved Water/Sewer Rate Increase
- JEA Has Strong Showing at Black Expo
- JEA Hits the 3 Million CFL Mark
- JEA Joins Green Button
- JEA Meets Fiscal Year Goals
- JEA Named Tree Line USA Utility by Arbor Day Foundation
- JEA Observes Lineworker Appreciation Day
- JEA Offers Tips to Keep Summer Bills from Heating Up
- JEA Receives Safety Award and Places in Lineman Rodeo
- JEA Reminds Community of Benefits of Public Power During National Public Power Week
- JEA River Crossing Project Completed
- JEA Volunteers Help Build Community
- JEA Warns Customers About New Scams
- Joseph Belechak Named JEA CEO
- Southside Boulevard to be Temporarily Closed This Weekend for JEA Water Project
- Big Jim Returns
- Bud Para Elected President-Elect of FMEA Board of Directors
- From the CEO: Our Commitment to Improving the Health of the St. Johns River
- JEA and the Jacksonville Zoo Join Forces to Save Wood Storks
- JEA Board Approves Customer Fuel Credit
- JEA Board Meeting Now Streamed Live
- JEA Celebrates Arbor Day with Tree Planting and Named Tree Line USA Utility
- JEA Encourages Customers to Have a Hurricane Plan
- JEA Forester Mike Robinson Recognized at 2013 Environmental Symposium
- JEA Hosts State-Wide Lineman Competition
- JEA Improves Significantly in 2013 J.D. Power 2013 Electric Residential Customer Satisfaction Study
- JEA Industrial Pretreatment Awards
- JEA Keeping Close Eye on Tropical Storm Andrea
- JEA Offers Tips for Keeping Your Cool in Hot Weather
- JEA Partners with Keep Jacksonville Beautiful and Duval County Public Schools
- JEA PowerPlay Comes to MOSH
- JEA Receives Two Green Awards
- JEA Recognizes Lineworkers Appreciation Day
- JEA Recycling Cooking Oil Collected at Greater Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament
- JEA Responds to COJ Request to Disconnect Some Streetlights
- JEA Responds to Water Quality Ranking
- JEA ShopSmart Program Offers Attic Insulation
- JEA Warns Customers of a New Energy Audit Scam
- JEA Website and Pay-by-Phone System Down
- JEA Wins Top Honors at International Lineman Competition
- JEA Wins Top Honors at State-Wide Lineman Competition
- New JEA Board Leadership Stresses Customer Focus
- Traffic Alert for Arlington Expressway Service Road
- Traffic Alert for Atlantic Boulevard
- Traffic Alert for Eastbound Atlantic Boulevard
- Traffic Alert for North Arlington Expressway Service Road
- Traffic Alert for Ocean Street and Bay Street Intersection
- Traffic Alert for University Blvd. N.
- Cold Weather Tips from JEA
- Enroll in JEA eBill and Enter to Win an Apple iPad
- Florida Move Over Act Now Protects Utility Vehicles
- Grease in the Drain is a Recipe for Disaster
- JEA Announces Great iPad Giveaway Winners
- JEA Announces Rebates for Plug-In Electric Vehicles
- JEA Board Approves Fuel Credit for Customers
- JEA Board Approves New Officers
- JEA Customers Can Take Advantage of ENERGY STAR and WaterSense Tax Breaks
- JEA Customers Can Track Usage in Cold Weather
- JEA Executive Elected President of FMEA Board of Directors
- JEA Fuel Credit Begins July 1
- JEA Hosts Community Discussion on EPA Proposed Clean Power Plan
- JEA is Prepared for Hurricane Season 2014
- JEA Offers Tips to Keep Summer Bills from Overheating
- JEA Receives National Recognition for Reliable Electric Operations
- JEA Recognized for Helping Large Businesses
- JEA Recognized with Siemens Lifetime Achievement Award
- JEA Recognizes Linemen
- JEA Releases 2013 Water Quality Report
- JEA Taking Electric Unit Offline
- JEA to Host Community Discussion on EPA's Power Plan
- JEA To Perform Smoke Test in San Jose
- JEA Warns Customers Against Ongoing Scams
- May Your Holidays be Bright, and Your Utility Bill Dim
- Big Increase in Grease and Wipes at Wastewater Treatment Facility
- City of Jacksonville, JEA Announce Partnership with GE to Pilot Innovative LED Street Light Solution
- City of Jacksonville, JEA, and GE to Begin Innovative Partnership
- Cold Weather Tips to Keep Your Bill from Overheating
- JEA Accepting Free Charging Station Applications
- JEA Begins Dark Fiber Leasing Program
- JEA Offers Tips to Keep Summer Bills Cool
- JEA Sewer Improvement Project: State Street & Union Street
- JEA Traffic Alert - State and Union Street Detours
- JEA’s Board Approves Customer Fuel Credit
- New Town of Orange Park Public Service Tax
- Statement from JEA Regarding the Environmental Protection Agency’s Release of the Clean Power Plan Final Rule
- Traffic Alert - Liberty Street Temporary Road Closure
- Traffic Alert - Liberty Street Temporary Road Closure Update
- Hurricane Matthew Advisory
- JEA Begins River Crossing Project
- JEA Board Approves Fuel Rate Decrease
- JEA Infrastructure Project Starts Tomorrow at The Jacksonville Landing
- JEA Offers Tips to Keep Energy Costs Steady in Cold Weather
- JEA Offers Tips to Keep Summer Bills from Heating Up
- JEA Places First at State-Wide Lineman Competition
- JEA Receives National Achievement Award
- JEA Recognizes Companies for Outstanding Environmental Performance
- JEA Soars in J.D. Power Business Customer Satisfaction
- Standard and Poor's raises JEA's credit rating to AAA Highest Rating Possible
- Image Library
- Weekly Radio Show
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Responses
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Local Discharge Limits
- National Pretreatment Program Regulations
- Pretreatment Program Compliance Forms
- Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
- Collection System
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Trenchless Technology
- Wastewater Facilities
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- Fire Hydrants as an Accessible Water Source
- Frequent Water Questions
- Water Facilities
- Water Quality
- Benefits of Public Power
- Government Relations
- Real Estate Services
Senior Leadership Team
JEA’s Senior Leadership Team is committed to energizing our community through high-value energy and water solutions. To accomplish this, the entire company is focused on three things – developing an unbeatable team, delivering business excellence and earning our customers’ loyalty – while upholding the values of safety, service, growth, accountability and integrity.
Paul McElroy, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
Paul McElroy is Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of JEA – Jacksonville, Florida’s municipally owned electric, water and wastewater utility. The JEA Board of Directors named McElroy the company’s seventh Chief Executive Officer effective October 1, 2012. From January 1, 2006 to October 1, 2012, he served as JEA’s Chief Financial Officer. Prior to that, he served as JEA’s Vice President, Financial Services.
McElroy currently serves on the boards of the University of North Florida, The Energy Authority, Inc. (“TEA”), Florida Reliability Coordinating Council, Northeast Florida Safety Council, Inc., Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce and the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies. He is a member of the American Public Power Association Board’s Executive Committee and serves as Treasurer, as well as Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee and Chair of the Retirement Committee. He is also a member of the Large Public Power Council CEO Roundtable.
McElroy holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from St. Joseph’s College in Rensselaer, Indiana and a certificate from the Advanced Management Program of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He also pursued graduate level studies at the University of Bridgeport and the University of New Haven in Connecticut.
Before joining JEA, McElroy served as a Vice President and General Manager for Bombardier Capital Corporation in Jacksonville, Florida and Colchester, Vermont. Prior to that, he served in a variety of management positions with Pitney Bowes Credit Corporation in Norwalk, Connecticut, including Controller, Director – Marketing and Vice President, Internal Finance Division.
Mike Brost, Vice President/General Manager Electric Systems
Mike Brost is responsible for planning, constructing and maintaining JEA’s electric system – generation plants and the transmission, substations and distribution systems. The role includes lead responsibility for producing and delivering electricity to more than 400,000 electric customers in a safe, reliable and cost-competitive manner, and in full compliance with regulatory objectives.
Brost joined JEA in 1983 as an electrical engineer in System Operations. In 1993, he was appointed Division Chief of Distribution Engineering and was soon promoted to Vice President of the Distribution Group. He is a founding member of JEA’s Corporate Strategy Team and has held vice president positions in the areas of Organizational Development and Organizational Services. He also served as the President and CEO at Colectric Partners in 2007 and 2008. A licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Florida, Brost holds an M.S. degree in Engineering and an MBA. He also serves on several local nonprofit boards.
Brian Roche, Vice President/General Manager Water/Wastewater Systems
Brian Roche is responsible for the planning, engineering, construction, operation and maintenance of JEA’s Water, Wastewater Reclaim and District Energy systems in a safe, reliable and cost-competitive manner, and in full compliance with regulatory objectives.
Roche joined JEA in 1983 as a co-op student and has 25 years’ experience at JEA in roles across the organization, including serving as a project engineer for electric generating stations, an account executive for industrial customers, a wastewater planner, the Director of Meter, Billing and Collections, the Director of Financial Planning, Budgets and Rates, and in the Water/Wastewater Systems Vice President/General Manager role effective December 2012. In addition, he has experience in the private sector, including roles as a project engineer for Amoco Oil Company and with a global environmental engineering consultant firm.
Roche holds a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology, a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Florida, an MBA and a Master’s Degree of Accountancy from the University of North Florida. He is a licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Florida, and is a Certified Public Accountant.
Melissa Dykes, Chief Financial Officer
Melissa Dykes has served as Chief Financial Officer since March 2013. She provides leadership to ensure the long-term financial health of JEA, resulting in access to capital at a lower cost for JEA’s customers. She is responsible for all aspects of JEA’s finances, including treasury, financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, and budgeting, as well as corporate strategy, supply chain management and shared services. Dykes also has lead responsibility for ensuring compliance with all reporting, regulatory and tax requirements for JEA. She currently serves on the Finance and Audit Committee of TEA.
Prior to joining JEA, Dykes was CFO at a portfolio company of a large energy private equity firm and a principal in a renewable energy development company, where she was responsible for origination, commercial structuring, development and capital raising for renewable energy projects. She also was Vice President of Investment Banking at JPMorgan, where she was responsible for providing capital solutions for clients, including more than $26 billion in financing for many municipal electric and water systems across the country, risk management product delivery, and mergers and acquisitions. Prior to joining JPMorgan, Dykes worked for The World Bank Group, where she researched and published on private participation in infrastructure industries in developing countries. Dykes is a graduate of the University of Florida and holds a Certificate in Advanced Management from Dartmouth College.
Ted Hobson, Chief Compliance Officer
As Chief Compliance and Risk Officer, Ted Hobson has responsibility for JEA compliance programs, including FERC/NERC, operational and planning, and critical infrastructure protection (CIP). He is also responsible for audit services, physical security and risk management services, including enterprise risk management. Previous responsibilities included fuel procurement, and as Director of JEA’s System Operations and Control Center (SOCC) he was responsible for electric systems operations and maintenance including transmission, substation and distribution. Hobson has served as a Director of The Energy Authority board, where he is currently an alternate director; and as chair/member of the Settlement and Operating Committee.
A JEA employee since 1973, Hobson has served as JEA’s representative to the Florida Reliability Coordinating Council (FRCC) for more than 20 years, and is currently JEA’s alternate board member. He has also served on various NERC committees, and is a member and past Chair of the NERC Compliance and Certification Committee. Hobson holds a BSEE degree from the University of Florida, and is a registered professional engineer in the State of Florida.
Angelia Hiers, Chief Human Resources Officer
Angelia Hiers is a career human resource professional, with industry knowledge and experience at a strategic and tactical level in all aspects of human resources and organizational development. During her career, she has been responsible for employee and labor relations, compensation, benefits, recruiting, training and development, safety and wellness, diversity and inclusion. Throughout her career, Hiers has leveraged her collaborative, energetic and creative style to build successful human resource strategies and business solutions.
Prior to joining JEA, Hiers was the Vice President, Human Resources for Baker Distributing Company, a subsidiary of the publicly traded Watsco, Inc. She also served as Human Resources Director for CSX Technology and Senior Vice President/Managing Director, Right Management Consultants in Jacksonville, Florida. Prior to joining Right Management Consultants, she held leadership positions in operations and human resources for Barnett Bank.
Hiers holds a Bachelor of Arts - Organizational Management from Edward Waters College and an MBA from Jacksonville University.
Paul Cosgrave, Chief Information Officer
Paul Cosgrave brings to JEA 40-plus years of line management and IT consulting/systems integration experience. He retired in 2010 from the City of New York (NYC) as Commissioner for the Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications and as the Chief Information Officer (CIO) for New York City. At that time, he became a Senior Fellow at the Center for Digital Government and resumed operating his own consulting firm, Strategies4Success. His areas of research and expertise are IT Strategic Planning, IT Portfolio Management, IT Governance and IT Consolidation/Cost Reduction at all levels of government.
Previously, Cosgrave served as the CIO at the Internal Revenue Service during a major turnaround period (1998-2001), and before that he spent 25 years in private industry, having worked as CEO for the Claremont Technology Group, a company he took public in 1996; and as a Managing Partner at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), where he worked for 19 years. He has served as executive board member for the Information Technology Association of America (now TechAmerica) and has served on the board of directors for three separate public IT services companies (Cognizant, Claremont Technology and Technology Solutions). He has served on four not-for-profit boards of directors, including the Rensselaer Alumni Association, where he completed a two-year term as President.
Cosgrave earned a BS and MS in Industrial Engineering from the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI). He has been recognized by RPI with the Distinguished Albert Fox Demers Medal, the second-highest recognition given to an alumnus; and by his fraternity, Sigma Chi, as a Significant Sig, an honor bestowed on a select group of alumni who have distinguished themselves in their careers. He has also been recognized by Computerworld, Information Week and Government Technology for his innovative leadership and accomplishments in the IT Industry.
Michael R. (Mike) Hightower, Chief Public Affairs Officer
Mike Hightower joined JEA in 2015, bringing more than 35 years of governmental and legislative relations experience to the organization. He previously served 16 years on JEA’s Board of Directors, including two, two-year terms as Chair.
Mr. Hightower joined Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida in 1981 as the Director of Governmental and Legislative Relations. In 1985, he was named the Vice President of Governmental and Legislative Relations. Mike worked closely with key political leaders in the federal, state and local government, after three decades of a successful career at Florida Blue. He retired in late 2014, and joined the Holland and Knight International Law firm as a Senior Policy Advisor prior to joining the JEA Senior Leadership Team.
In addition to his professional accomplishments, he has dedicated his time, talents and leadership to numerous boards and commissions over the last 35 years. Presently, Mike chairs the following: the Florida Governor’s Mansion Foundation and the Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists. In addition, Mike is Vice Chair of Florida House, Florida’s Embassy in Washington DC and Five Star Veterans Center. He also serves as an active Board Member of the following: OneJax, Florida Ounce of Prevention, and Florida College System Foundation.
Previous to joining JEA, Mike chaired the following Civic and Trade Associations: United States Naval Academy, Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce, Florida House - Florida’s Embassy in Washington DC, Florida College System Foundation, Associated Industries of Florida, Florida Insurance Council, Florida News Service, Jacksonville Library Foundation, Jacksonville Political Leadership Institute, JaxBiz, Duval County Republican Party, and the Cecil Field Base Closure Commission.
Throughout the state, he is well-known for his political leadership, having served as chair or finance chair for more than 580 successful local, state, and/or federal candidates since 1972. He has assisted in raising more than $136.3 million for charitable, candidate and political party campaigns since 1981.
In 2006, Florida’s Leadership leaders appointed Mike to the Florida Energy Commission. The nine-member panel was charged with making recommendations to the Florida Legislature on ways to secure Florida’s energy future. In 2010, Florida’s legislative leadership appointed Mike to the Public Service Commission Nominating Council, charged with interviewing and recommending qualified candidates for gubernatorial appointment to Florida Public Service Commission.
Mike, a 1972 graduate of Jacksonville University, resides in Jacksonville with his wife Sue, an Elementary Special Education Instructor. Mike is a third term 2003, 2005, 2007 University of Florida Graduate School Adjunct Instructor, “Principals of Lobbying”
Jody Brooks, Chief Legal Officer
Jody Brooks joined JEA as Chief Legal Officer via an agreement with the City of Jacksonville Office of General Counsel in August 2016. Brooks had been rendering legal support and guidance to JEA while providing legal services to many other city departments. In her role as JEA Chief Legal Officer, she is fully dedicated to serving as the Chief Legal Advisor to JEA and the JEA Board of Directors.
Brooks joined the Office of General Counsel in April 2013 and was subsequently promoted in 2015 to Chief, Government Operations Department. Prior to joining the Office of General Counsel, she held in-house counsel positions with both The St. Joe Company and Allen Land Group, handling real estate transactions, land use development and environmental matters. Earlier in her career, she worked as an associate at Lewis, Longman & Walker, P.A., where she represented property owners and government entities in federal, state and local government environmental, land use, zoning and condemnation matters.
She received a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from the Jacksonville University Davis College of Business, and her Juris Doctor degree with honors and a Certificate in Environmental and Land Use Law from the University of Florida’s Fredric G. Levin College of Law.
Kerri Stewart, Chief Customer Officer
Kerri Stewart joined JEA as Chief Customer Officer in 2017, bringing more than 14 years of experience to the organization. Previously, Stewart served as Chief of Staff for Jacksonville, Florida Mayor Lenny Curry, providing policy and public affairs guidance to the mayor.
Prior to returning to the City of Jacksonville, Stewart was a Partner and Senior Vice President at Infinity Global Solutions. Drawing on her extensive experience in both the public and private sectors, she focused on assisting clients in the areas of government privatization, public infrastructure development, general management consulting and government relations. She also served as interim president of Visit Jacksonville, Local Initiative Support Corporation (LISC) and Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville as part of her management consulting practice.
Prior to joining IGS, Stewart served as the Chief Administrative Officer for the City of Jacksonville/Duval County, Florida under Mayor John Peyton and Mayor Alvin Brown. In this role, she oversaw day-to-day government operations for the city, including directing a nearly 5,000-member workforce and managing the $1 billion municipal budget and $164 million annual capital improvement plan. During her first tenure with the City of Jacksonville, Stewart led several successful privatization studies and implementations, and she has shared her experiences in this area at a variety of conferences and other professional venues.
During her years of public service, Stewart also served as director of the city’s Housing and Neighborhoods Department, created the Office of Operational Efficiency (now known as the Inspector General’s Office), and served as a policy advisor to Mayor Peyton.
Prior to joining the City of Jacksonville, Stewart worked as a Program Manager for Alltel Information Systems in Leeds, UK and Jacksonville, Florida. She is a graduate of the University of North Florida’s Coggin School of Business with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, double-majoring in Marketing and Management.
Step into JEA's Outage Center
Need to report or monitor an outage? Do it right here.