- Benefits and Total Rewards
- System Analysis Consulting Engineer
- Transmission and Substation Consulting Engineer
- Veteran Appreciation
- Veterans Preference
- Water Wastewater Consulting Engineer
- Women in Power
- Advanced Technology Meters
- Exceleron honors JEA with 2016 President’s Award for Special Recognition
- J.D. Power 2016 Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction Study
- JEA Receives Mayor’s Environmental Award
- JEA Water/Wastewater Team Takes Home Top Honors
- JEA Wins Top Honors at Water Environment Federation Competition
- JEA’s Cybersecurity Efforts Receive National Recognition
- Lineman Rodeo
- Melissa Dykes Recognized
- Paul McElroy, Ultimate CEO
- 2009.12.14 Comprehensive Water Quality Testing Ensures Drinking Water Safety
- 2009.12.15 JEA Responds to Water Quality Rankings
- 2010.01.05 Cold Weather Tips Help Save Energy
- 2010.01.11 JEA Sets New Record for Winter Electric Peak
- 2010.04.15 JEA Warns Customers to Beware of Scams
- 2010.06.15 Open Letter to All JEA Customers
- 2011.02.09 JEA Warns Customers to Beware of Scams Involving Utility Bill Payments
- 2011.05.10 Consumptive Use Permit Approved for JEA Customer Water Use
- 2011.06.07 Don't Lose Your Cool in the Summer
- 2011.07.21 JEA in the Top 10 Utility Solar Rankings
- 2011.07.21 JEA Receives Special Recognition Award for Outstanding Safety Performance
- 2011.08.31 Safety and Awareness for Our Customers
- 2011.09.06 JEA Sponsors Home Energy Makeover Contest
- 2011.12.29 When the Temperature Dips, Follow These Energy-Saving Tips
- 2012.01.17 JEA CEO Jim Dickenson Announces Retirement
- 2012.03.29 JEA Volunteers Help Build Community
- 2012.04.03 JEA Receives Safety Award and Places in Lineman Rodeo
- 2012.04.15 JEA Awarded as 2012 Region Best Tasting Drinking Water
- 2012.04.18 Southside Boulevard to be Temporarily Closed This Weekend for JEA Water Project
- 2012.05.01 JEA Earns Reliable Power Recognition
- 2012.05.07 JEA Finance and Audit Committee Recommendation: Decrease Fuel Charge and Reduce Previously Approved Water/Sewer Rate Increase
- 2012.05.22 JEA Named Tree Line USA Utility by Arbor Day Foundation
- 2012.06.01 JEA Warns Customers About New Scams
- 2012.06.19 JEA Board Approves Fuel Charge and Water/Sewer Rate Decrease
- 2012.06.20 JEA Chief Public Affairs Officer Receives National Public Power Award
- 2012.06.21 JEA CEO Candidates Narrowed
- 2012.06.28 JEA Offers Tips to Keep Summer Bills from Heating Up
- 2012.07.17 Joseph Belechak Named JEA CEO
- 2012.07.30 Arlington Expressway Traffic Alert for JEA Project
- 2012.08.08 Arlington Expressway Project Extended
- 2012.08.13 JEA Arlington Expressway Project Extended
- 2012.08.15 JEA River Crossing Project Completed
- 2012.08.24 JEA Observes Lineworker Appreciation Day
- 2012.09.07 JEA Board of Directors Names McElroy New CEO
- 2012.09.28 JEA Hits the 3 Million CFL Mark
- 2012.10.01 JEA Joins Green Button
- 2012.10.09 JEA Has Strong Showing at Black Expo
- 2012.10.10 JEA Reminds Community of Benefits of Public Power During National Public Power Week
- 2012.10.12 JEA Board Meeting Being Held at Special Time and Place
- 2012.10.31 JEA Encourages Customers to Slay Vampire Load
- 2012.11.21 JEA Board Removes $2 Branch Fee
- 2012.11.21 JEA Meets Fiscal Year Goals
- 2012.12.10 JEA Announces Organizational Changes
- 2012.12.19 JEA Encourages Community to Recycle Used Cooking Oil for Biodiesel
- 2013.01.02 JEA Responds to COJ Request to Disconnect Some Streetlights
- 2013.01.11 JEA Board Meeting Now Streamed Live
- 2013.01.16 Traffic Alert for Ocean Street and Bay Street Intersection
- 2013.01.29 JEA and the Jacksonville Zoo Join Forces to Save Wood Storks
- 2013.02.01 Traffic Alert for University Blvd. N.
- 2013.02.19 JEA Website and Pay-by-Phone System Down
- 2013.03.14 Traffic Alert for Atlantic Boulevard
- 2013.03.19 JEA Board Approves Customer Fuel Credit
- 2013.03.28 JEA PowerPlay Comes to MOSH
- 2013.04.10 JEA ShopSmart Program Offers Attic Insulation
- 2013.04.18 JEA Hosts State-Wide Lineman Competition
- 2013.04.22 JEA Wins Top Honors at State-Wide Lineman Competition
- 2013.04.26 JEA Celebrates Arbor Day with Tree Planting and Named Tree Line USA Utility
- 2013.05.09 JEA Responds to Water Quality Ranking
- 2013.05.17 Traffic Alert for Arlington Expressway Service Road
- 2013.05.17 Traffic Alert for Eastbound Atlantic Boulevard
- 2013.05.21 New JEA Board Leadership Stresses Customer Focus
- 2013.05.31 JEA Encourages Customers to Have a Hurricane Plan
- 2013.06.06 JEA Keeping Close Eye on Tropical Storm Andrea
- 2013.06.12 JEA Receives Two Green Awards
- 2013.06.13 JEA Offers Tips for Keeping Your Cool in Hot Weather
- 2013.07.10 Traffic Alert for North Arlington Expressway Service Road
- 2013.07.11 JEA Partners with Keep Jacksonville Beautiful and Duval County Public Schools
- 2013.07.17 JEA Improves Significantly in 2013 J.D. Power 2013 Electric Residential Customer Satisfaction Study
- 2013.07.18 JEA Recycling Cooking Oil Collected at Greater Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament
- 2013.07.26 JEA Warns Customers of a New Energy Audit Scam
- 2013.08.01 Bud Para Elected President-Elect of FMEA Board of Directors
- 2013.08.07 Big Jim Returns
- 2013.08.20 From the CEO: Our Commitment to Improving the Health of the St. Johns River
- 2013.08.26 JEA Forester Mike Robinson Recognized at 2013 Environmental Symposium
- 2013.08.26 JEA Recognizes Lineworkers Appreciation Day
- 2013.10.21 JEA Wins Top Honors at International Lineman Competition
- 2013.10.29 JEA Industrial Pretreatment Awards
- 2014.01.05 Cold Weather Tips from JEA
- 2014.01.24 JEA Customers Can Track Usage in Cold Weather
- 2014.02.19 JEA Board Approves New Officers
- 2014.04.11 JEA Receives National Recognition for Reliable Electric Operations
- 2014.04.22 Enroll in JEA eBill and Enter to Win an Apple iPad
- 2014.05.20 JEA Board Approves Fuel Credit for Customers
- 2014.05.30 JEA Announces Great iPad Giveaway Winners
- 2014.05.30 JEA Releases 2013 Water Quality Report
- 2014.06.01 JEA is Prepared for Hurricane Season 2014
- 2014.06.27 JEA Recognized with Siemens Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2014.07.01 Florida Move Over Act Now Protects Utility Vehicles
- 2014.07.01 JEA Fuel Credit Begins July 1
- 2014.07.11 JEA To Perform Smoke Test in San Jose
- 2014.07.15 JEA Taking Electric Unit Offline
- 2014.07.22 JEA Executive Elected President of FMEA Board of Directors
- 2014.08.21 JEA Offers Tips to Keep Summer Bills from Overheating
- 2014.08.26 JEA Recognizes Linemen
- 2014.09.09 JEA to Host Community Discussion on EPA's Power Plan
- 2014.09.17 JEA Customers Can Take Advantage of ENERGY STAR and WaterSense Tax Breaks
- 2014.09.19 JEA Announces Rebates for Plug-In Electric Vehicles
- 2014.09.25 JEA Hosts Community Discussion on EPA Proposed Clean Power Plan
- 2014.10.16 JEA Recognized for Helping Large Businesses
- 2014.11.12 JEA Warns Customers Against Ongoing Scams
- 2014.11.24 Grease in the Drain is a Recipe for Disaster
- 2014.12.08 May Your Holidays be Bright, and Your Utility Bill Dim
- 2015.01.06 Cold Weather Tips to Keep Your Bill from Overheating
- 2015.02.10 JEA Sewer Improvement Project: State Street & Union Street
- 2015.02.19 JEA Accepting Free Charging Station Applications
- 2015.02.26 JEA Traffic Alert - State and Union Street Detours
- 2015.03.12 Traffic Alert - Liberty Street Temporary Road Closure
- 2015.03.17 JEA’s Board Approves Customer Fuel Credit
- 2015.03.20 Traffic Alert - Liberty Street Temporary Road Closure Update
- 2015.04.01 New Town of Orange Park Public Service Tax
- 2015.04.15 City of Jacksonville, JEA, and GE to Begin Innovative Partnership
- 2015.04.16 City of Jacksonville, JEA Announce Partnership with GE to Pilot Innovative LED Street Light Solution
- 2015.06.17 JEA Offers Tips to Keep Summer Bills Cool
- 2015.08.03 Statement from JEA Regarding the Environmental Protection Agency’s Release of the Clean Power Plan Final Rule
- 2015.09.15 JEA Begins Dark Fiber Leasing Program
- 2015.10.26 Big Increase in Grease and Wipes at Wastewater Treatment Facility
- 2016.01.04 JEA Infrastructure Project Starts Tomorrow at The Jacksonville Landing
- 2016.01.12 JEA Offers Tips to Keep Energy Costs Steady in Cold Weather
- 2016.01.13 JEA Soars in J.D. Power Business Customer Satisfaction
- 2016.01.19 JEA Board Approves Fuel Rate Decrease
- 2016.02.24 JEA Begins River Crossing Project
- 2016.03.21 JEA Places First at State-Wide Lineman Competition
- 2016.04.08 Standard and Poor's raises JEA's credit rating to AAA Highest Rating Possible
- 2016.06.02 JEA Recognizes Companies for Outstanding Environmental Performance
- 2016.06.15 JEA Receives National Achievement Award
- 2016.06.17 JEA Offers Tips to Keep Summer Bills from Heating Up
- 2016.10.12 Hurricane Matthew Advisory
- 2017.03.17 St. Johns River Power Park Decommissioning Planned for 2018
- 2017.10.27 Inaugural Light It Forward Awards at Nonprofit Appreciation Breakfast
- 2018.03.10 JEA Receives Award for Utility Safety Achievement
- 2018.03.10 JEA Wins Restoring Communities Award
- Image Library
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Responses
- Bid Results
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Local Discharge Limits
- National Pretreatment Program Regulations
- Pretreatment Program Compliance Forms
- Pretreatment Program, Permits, Surveys and Applications
- Collection System
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Trenchless Technology
- Wastewater Facilities
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- Fire Hydrants as an Accessible Water Source
- Frequent Water Questions
- Water Facilities
- Benefits of Public Power
- Government Relations
- Real Estate Services
Senior Leadership Team
JEA’s Senior Leadership Team is committed to energizing our community through high-value energy and water solutions. To accomplish this, the entire company is focused on three things – developing an unbeatable team, delivering business excellence and earning our customers’ loyalty – while upholding the values of safety, service, growth, accountability and integrity.
Aaron Zahn, Interim Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
Aaron F. Zahn is Interim Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer for JEA. In this role, Mr. Zahn oversees all operations for the eighth-largest public utility in the nation, providing electric, water and sewer services to customers across a 900-mile service territory in Northeast Florida.
Prior to being appointed Interim CEO in April 2018, Mr. Zahn served as Managing Partner and Chief Executive Officer of Pascal Partners, a distributed infrastructure investment and development company. From 2009 to 2017, he was Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of BCR Environmental Corporation, a water/wastewater technology firm and public-private-partnership development and operations company. Prior to BCR, Mr. Zahn worked as an investment professional for two multi-strategy hedge funds in New York City, managing over $6 billion in equity. He was also a Senior Manager of the Capital Markets team at General Growth Properties, playing a key role in $25+ billion of acquisitions and financing activities along with providing financial oversight for $200+ million of commercial real estate development.
A graduate of Yale University, Mr. Zahn is a supporter of YMCA of Jacksonville, Baptist Health System, Nemours Children’s Health System and Yale University. He is a member of the Board of Directors for the Young Presidents Organization (YPO) and the Bob Graham Center for Public Service at University of Florida.
Melissa Dykes, Chief Financial Officer
Melissa Dykes is Chief Financial Officer for JEA, having served in that role since March 2013. As CFO, Ms. Dykes provides leadership to ensure the long-term financial health of JEA, resulting in access to capital at low cost for JEA’s customers and stability in rates..
Prior to joining JEA, Ms. Dykes was CFO at a portfolio company of a large energy private equity firm and a principal in a renewable energy development company, where she was responsible for origination, commercial structuring, development and capital raising for renewable energy projects. She also was Vice President of Investment Banking at JPMorgan, where she was responsible for providing capital solutions for clients, including more than $26 billion in financings for many municipal electric and water systems across the country, risk management product delivery, and mergers and acquisitions. Prior to joining JPMorgan, Ms. Dykes worked for The World Bank Group, where she researched and published on private participation in infrastructure industries in developing countries. She is a graduate of the University of Florida and holds a certificate in Advanced Management from Dartmouth College.
Mike Brost, Vice President/General Manager Electric Systems
Mike Brost has lead responsibility for producing and delivering electricity to JEA's 462,000 electric customers in a safe, reliable and cost-competitive manner, and in full compliance with regulatory objectives. In this role, Mr. Brost and his team are responsible for planning, constructing, operating and maintaining JEA’s electric system – the generation plants and the transmission, substations and distribution systems.
Mr. Brost joined JEA in 1983 as an electrical engineer in System Operations. In 1993, he was appointed Division Chief of Distribution Engineering and was soon promoted to Vice President of the Distribution Group. He is a founding member of JEA’s Corporate Strategy Team and has held vice president positions in the areas of Organizational Development and Organizational Services. He also served as the President and CEO at Colectric Partners in 2007 and 2008. Mr. Brost is a licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Florida. He holds an M.S. degree in Engineering and an MBA. He also serves on several local nonprofit boards.
Brian Roche, Vice President/General Manager Water/Wastewater Systems
Brian Roche is responsible for the planning, engineering, construction, operation and maintenance of JEA’s Water, Wastewater, Reclaim and District Energy systems in a safe, reliable and cost-competitive manner, and in full compliance with regulatory objectives.
Mr. Roche joined JEA in 1983 as a co-op student and has 25 years’ experience at JEA in roles across the organization, including serving as a project engineer for electric generating stations, an account executive for industrial customers, a wastewater planner, the Director of Meter, Billing and Collections, the Director of Financial Planning, Budgets and Rates, and in the Water/Wastewater Systems Vice President/General Manager role effective December 2012. In addition, he has experience in the private sector, including roles as a project engineer for Amoco Oil Company and with a global environmental engineering consultant firm.
Mr. Roche holds a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology, a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Florida, an MBA and a Master’s Degree of Accountancy from the University of North Florida. Mr. Roche is a licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Florida and is a Certified Public Accountant.
Ted Hobson, Chief Compliance Officer
Ted Hobson joined JEA in 1973 and has overall responsibility for development, implementation and maintenance of JEA's Compliance Programs including NERC Electrical Standards, NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) standards, FACTA regulations and other related federal and state regulations. He is also responsible for JEA's Physical Security department, as well as Audit Services and Enterprise Risk Management. Mr. Hobson served on the Board of Directors of The Energy Authority (TEA) from 1997-2011 and is currently JEA's representative on the TEA Settlement and Operating Committee. Mr. Hobson is JEA's alternate board member for the Florida Electric Reliability Coordinating Council (FRCC).
Mr. Hobson's previous position was Director of Energy Delivery, where he was responsible for all electric field activities including overhead and underground line work, system protection and controls, substation maintenance and the 24-hour operation of the JEA power system including generation commitment and dispatch, transmission operation and security and interchange services with other utilities. During his over 40 years with JEA, he has worked in the areas of distribution, engineering, trouble dispatching, system operations and system planning. Mr. Hobson has served as JEA's representative to the Florida Reliability Coordinating Council (FRCC) for over 15 years, is an alternate Board Member and was chair of the Operating Committee for the past six years. He also served on various North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) committees and subcommittees and is a member and past chair of the NERC Compliance and Certification Committee.
Mr. Hobson holds a BSEE from the University of Florida, and is a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Florida.
Angelia Hiers, Chief Human Resources Officer
Angelia Hiers is a career human resource professional, with industry knowledge and experience at strategic and tactical levels in all aspects of human resources and organizational development. During her career, she has been responsible for employee and labor relations, compensation, benefits, recruiting, training and development, safety and wellness, diversity and inclusion. Throughout her career, Hiers has leveraged her collaborative, energetic and creative style to build successful human resource strategies and business solutions.
Prior to joining JEA, Ms. Hiers was the Vice President, Human Resources for Baker Distributing Company, a subsidiary of the publicly traded Watsco, Inc. She also served as Human Resources Director for CSX Technology and Senior Vice President/Managing Director, Right Management Consultants in Jacksonville, Florida. Prior to joining Right Management Consultants, Ms. Hiers held leadership positions in operations and human resources for Barnett Bank.
Ms. Hiers is a graduate of Edward Waters College with a Bachelor of Arts - Organizational Management and Jacksonville University with a Master of Business Administration.
Paul Cosgrave, Chief Information Officer
Paul Cosgrave brings to JEA 40-plus years of line management and IT consulting/systems integration experience. He retired in 2010 from the City of New York (NYC) as Commissioner for the Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications and as the Chief Information Officer (CIO) for New York City. At that time, he became a Senior Fellow at the Center for Digital Government and resumed operating his own consulting firm, Strategies4Success. His areas of research and expertise are IT Strategic Planning, IT Portfolio Management, IT Governance and IT Consolidation/Cost Reduction at all levels of government.
Previously, Mr. Cosgrave served as the CIO at the Internal Revenue Service during a major turnaround period (1998-2001), and before that he spent 25 years in private industry, having worked as CEO for the Claremont Technology Group, a company he took public in 1996; and as a Managing Partner at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), where he worked for 19 years. He has served as Executive Board member for the Information Technology Association of America (now TechAmerica) and has served on the Board of Directors for three separate public IT services companies (Cognizant, Claremont Technology and Technology Solutions). He has served on four not-for-profit Boards of Directors, including the Rensselaer Alumni Association, where he recently completed his two-year term as President.
Mr. Cosgrave earned a BS and MS in Industrial Engineering from the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI). He has been recognized by RPI with the Distinguished Albert Fox Demers Medal, the second highest recognition given to an alumnus; and by his fraternity, Sigma Chi, as a Significant Sig, an honor bestowed on a few alumni who have distinguished themselves in their careers. He has also been recognized by Computerworld, Information Week and Government Technology for his innovative leadership and accomplishments in the IT Industry.
Michael R. (Mike) Hightower, Chief Public Affairs Officer
Mike Hightower joined JEA in 2015, bringing over 35 years of governmental and legislative relations experience. He also previously served 16 years on JEA’s Board of Directors, including two, two-year terms as Chair.
Mr. Hightower joined Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida in 1981 as the Director of Governmental and Legislative Relations and in 1985 was named its Vice President of Governmental and Legislative Relations. He worked closely with key political leaders in the federal, state and local government and, after three decades of a successful career at Florida Blue retired in late 2014. He then joined the international law firm of Holland & Knight LLP as a Senior Policy Advisor before joining the JEA Senior Leadership Team.
In addition to his professional accomplishments, Mr. Hightower has dedicated his time, talents and leadership to numerous boards and commissions over the last 35 years, including the Florida Governor’s Mansion Foundation and the Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists. Prior to joining JEA, Mr. Hightower chaired the following organizations and civic and trade associations: United States Naval Academy; Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce; Florida House, Florida’s Embassy in Washington DC, Florida College System Foundation, Associated Industries of Florida, Florida Insurance Council, Florida News Service, Jacksonville Library Foundation, Jacksonville Political Leadership Institute, JaxBiz, Duval County Republican Party, and the Cecil Field Base Closure Commission. In 2006, Leadership Florida's leaders appointed Mr. Hightower to the Florida Energy Commission. The nine-member panel was charged with making recommendations to the Florida Legislature on ways to secure Florida’s energy future. In 2010, Florida’s legislative leadership appointed Mr. Hightower to the Public Service Commission Nominating Council, charged with interviewing and recommending qualified candidates for gubernatorial appointment to Florida Public Service Commission.
A 1972 graduate of Jacksonville University, Mr. Hightower lives in Jacksonville.
Jody Brooks, Chief Legal Officer
Jody Brooks joined JEA as Chief Legal Officer via an agreement with the City of Jacksonville Office of General Counsel in August 2016. Ms. Brooks had been rendering legal support and guidance to JEA while providing legal services to many other city departments. As the newly appointed JEA Chief Legal Officer, Ms. Brooks is fully dedicated to serving as the Chief Legal Advisor to JEA and the JEA Board of Directors.
Ms. Brooks joined the Office of General Counsel in April 2013 and was subsequently promoted in 2015 to Chief, Government Operations Department. Prior to joining the Office of General Counsel, she held in-house counsel positions with both The St. Joe Company and Allen Land Group, handling real estate transactions, land use development and environmental matters. Earlier in her career, she worked as an associate at Lewis, Longman & Walker, P.A., where she represented property owners and government entities in federal, state and local government environmental, land use, zoning and condemnation matters.
She received a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from the Jacksonville University Davis College of Business, and her Juris Doctor degree with honors and a Certificate in Environmental and Land Use Law from the University of Florida’s Fredric G. Levin College of Law.
Kerri Stewart, Chief Customer Officer
Kerri Stewart joined JEA as Chief Customer Officer in 2017, bringing more than 14 years of experience to the organization. Previously, she served as Chief of Staff for Jacksonville, Florida Mayor Lenny Curry, providing policy and public affairs guidance to the mayor.
Prior to returning to the City of Jacksonville, Ms. Stewart was a Partner and Senior Vice President at Infinity Global Solutions. Drawing on her extensive experience in both the public and private sectors, she focused on assisting clients in the areas of government privatization, public infrastructure development, general management consulting and government relations. She also served as interim president of Visit Jacksonville, Local Initiative Support Corporation (LISC) and Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville as part of her management consulting practice.
Prior to joining IGS, Ms. Stewart served as the Chief Administrative Officer for the City of Jacksonville/Duval County, Florida under Mayor John Peyton and Mayor Alvin Brown. In this role, she oversaw day-to-day government operations for the city, including directing a nearly 5,000-member workforce and managing the $1 billion municipal budget and $164 million annual capital improvement plan. During her first tenure with the City of Jacksonville, Ms. Stewart led several successful privatization studies and implementations, and she has shared her experiences in this area at a variety of conferences and other professional venues.
During her years of public service, Ms. Stewart also served as director of the city’s Housing and Neighborhoods Department, created the Office of Operational Efficiency (now known as the Inspector General’s Office), and served as a policy advisor to Mayor Peyton.
Prior to joining the City of Jacksonville, Ms. Stewart worked as a Program Manager for Alltel Information Systems in Leeds, UK and Jacksonville, Florida. She is a graduate of the University of North Florida’s Coggin School of Business with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, double-majoring in Marketing and Management.
Step into JEA's Outage Center
Need to report or monitor an outage? Do it right here.