- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Wastewater Treatment Byproducts
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- What Not to Flush
- By the Numbers
- Community Impact
- Corporate Headquarters
- Honors and Achievements
- Media Relations
- Real Estate Services
- Vision, Mission and Values
JEA Warns Customers About New Scams
Jacksonville, FL - JEA is warning its customers today of a nationwide utility bill scam in which customers are being told that President Obama has approved special funding through the Federal Reserve Bank for utility bill assistance. There is no such funding.
Through phone calls, in person door-to-door visits, or online solicitation, the scammers are asking customers for personal information, such as social security identification numbers. They then provide victims with a fraudulent bank routing number with which to pay their bills. The routing number is fraudulent and the payments will not be applied to JEA customer bills.
The scams have also been reported in several other states.
JEA is the seventh-largest community-owned electric utility in the United States and one of the largest water and sewer utilities in the nation providing electric, water and sewer service to residents in northeast Florida.
- payment options