- My Account
- Add, Move, or Stop Service
- Collections, Disconnections, and Unauthorized Utility Use
Distributed Generation Bill Breakdown
Unlike the JEA bill you might have received previously, a Distributed Generation bill shows the amount of energy purchased from JEA and the amount of energy that is being sold back to JEA.
- Billing Rate: All PV (Photovoltaic) customers will be assigned to a PV Billing Rate. PV Billing Rates allow customers to receive PV credits if applicable.
- Service Point: A Photovoltaic Service Point indicates the meter is a PV meter. A PV meter records the kWh being sent to and from the home.
- First Meter Number: The amount of electricity JEA delivered to power your home to meet the energy needed during the billing period. (In this example, 734 kWh of electricity were bought from JEA during the billing period.)
- Second Meter Number: The amount of electricity that JEA received from your PV system during the billing period. (In this example, 559 is the total number of kWh you sold to JEA during the billing period.)
- Energy Charge: The energy charge is calculated by multiplying the kWh purchased from JEA by the energy rate (734kWh x $.06988 = $51.29).
- Residential PV Credit: The PV Credit is calculated by multiplying the number of kWh a customer sends to JEA’s grid during a billing period by JEA’s Fuel Cost (559kWh x $0.0325 = $18.17).
- Total Current Electric Charges: Total amount due to JEA for electric services. This amount, $72.65, is calculated by adding all of the charges, fees, and taxes and subtracting the PV credit.
Pay Your Way
At JEA, we give you the option to choose the method of payment that best fits your lifestyle.