- My Account
- Service Charges
- Deposit and Connection Fees
- Name Changes and Account Transfers
- Service Reconnection
- Claim Resolution
- JEA Credit Score
- Social Security Numbers
- Reclaimed Water Inspection Fee
- Medical Alerts
- MyWay Terms and Conditions
- Add, Move, or Stop Service
- Residential Account Policies and Forms
- Collections, Disconnections, and Unauthorized Utility Use
- My Account
- New Customer Information
New Residential Customers
If you are a new to JEA, you can create an account and start your utility service online. Please have the following items handy:
- Your Social Security Number (see below for other forms of identification);
- Your U.S. Driver's License or State Identification Card;
- The address where you want to start service;
- The date you want services to start; and,
- Deposit, if required. Read our Residential Deposit Policy
If you're interested in starting commercial services, please call our Business Support Center at (904) 665-6250.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
If you do not provide your Social Security Number, you will need to bring two of any of the following forms of government-issued photo identification to our Customer Business Center and we'll help you get started.
- U.S. Driver's License
- Official State Identification
- U.S. Government/Military ID
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Alien Identification (Green Card)
- Foreign Passport with I-94 Debarkation Form
- Foreign Passport with I-551 Temporary U.S. Immigration Stamp
- B-1/B-2 Visa and Border Crossing Card
The identification must be valid, meaning it cannot be expired, and the photo must match the presenter.
Learn about our Social Security Number Policy
Same-day service requests must be made by calling (904) 665-6000.
JEA can start, stop and transfer service fairly quickly, if service has existed at the premises previously. If your home or business is a new service point, it may take a little longer.
- When requested prior to the start date or before 3:00 p.m. on the same day, services will start by close of business on the day you requested.
- When requested after 3:01 p.m. on the start date, services will begin on the next business day, excluding weekends and holidays.
Helpful Tips for Your New Account
After you set up your new utility account, you will find it is easy and convenient to accomplish all your JEA business online, especially paying your deposit.
Learn How to Pay Your Deposit Online
We offer a variety of convenient options that let you decide how you want to pay, manage, and receive your bill. You can sign up for paperless billing, AutoPay, MyBudget, and more.
Billing and Payment Options
When convenience is what matters most, stop by one of our authorized payment-only locations located all over the city.
Find a Payment Location
Visit Us Downtown
Our Customer Care Center representatives are available to provide a full range of services to our customers.
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.
JEA is currently phasing out our Network Meter Reading (NMR) meters and replacing them with two-way Grid Stream meters to provide customers with great JEA service that’s timely and accurate even in bad weather or in places where the meter is difficult to read.
Learn about JEA's electric, water and sewer rates, and view a comparison chart of rates from utilities across the United States.
JEA Credit Score
Your JEA credit score is how JEA determines your credit standing with us. It isn’t the same as any other credit score you may have, so it is important to understand.
Using JEA's Guest Pay option is simple! With Guest Pay, credit and debit card payments can be made to any account by simply entering a valid JEA account number.