Account Name Changes

If you’ve recently married, divorced or had your name changed for another reason via a legal court order, it's easy to update your JEA account.  Simply, provide us with your government-issued identification along with any of the following documents which show your legally changed name, Social Security Card, Marriage License, or Divorce Decree. 

You can Fax the information to (904) 665-7990 or come to our Downtown Service Center Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Account Holder's Name

Unless you are moving into a home where someone else is paying your water, electric or gas bill, (for example, an apartment where "utilities are included"), you need to apply for these services. You can apply on the phone, online, or in person. Applying for utility services is applying for credit. Like other creditors, utility companies ask for information like your Social Security number so they can check your credit worthiness and report your utility payment history. And because your utility payment history becomes part of your overall credit history, it can affect whether you can get other types of credit.

JEA adheres to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (2003) and the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (2009), which requires a customer's legal name to report utility credit properly.


Switch to eBill

Join over 150,000 JEA customers who have already signed up to receive their JEA bill by email. It's safe, secure and better for the environment!

Sign Up for eBill Today