- Advanced Technology Meters
- Electric Generation Byproducts
- Plant Vogtle
- Awards Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- Bid Forms
- Bid Results
- Formal Procurement Opportunities
- Informal Procurement Opportunities
- Jacksonville Small Emerging Business Program
- Look Up an Invoice
- Requests for Information
- Commercial Reclaimed Water
- Reclaimed Water
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing
- St. Johns River
- Wastewater Treatment Byproducts
- Wastewater Treatment Process
- What Not to Flush
- By the Numbers
- Community Impact
- Corporate Headquarters
- Honors and Achievements
- Media Relations
- Real Estate Services
- Vision, Mission and Values
JEA Warns Customers to Beware of Scams
Jacksonville, FL – JEA is warning its customers to beware of scams involving utility bill payments.
Recently, some JEA customers have been called from a 786 area code requesting a payment be made on a credit card number to avoid disconnection of services. JEA does not call its customers to make such requests. Customers at risk for disconnect are informed on their bill, in a letter and via phone message. At no time will a JEA representative request a credit card number over the phone or at the branch offices. Credit card payments are made through a third-party vendor via jea.com or JEA’s phone system. Both payment methods are initiated by the customer.
JEA offers more than 90 locations to make cash and check payments. These payments are provided at no extra charge to the customer. Should one of these locations charge to make a payment, JEA customers are asked to call 665-6000 to report the incident. JEA will remove the location from its list.
JEA provides the following payment options:
- JEA accepts the following forms of payment – major credit cards including Visa debit cards, online and by phone only; personal check, cash or cashier check.
- Pay online at jea.com. Register on jea.com to pay using our secure site. Your payment is credited to your account immediately.
- Pay by phone – (904) 665-6000 customers can pay their bill using a major credit card, checking or savings account. JEA's automated bill payment system is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Your payment is credited to your account immediately.
- Credit Card Payments –American Express, Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card. To do so, use our automated phone service at (904) 665-6000 or pay online at jea.com. Register on jea.com to pay using your credit card. Check our frequently asked questions for online bill payment using jea.com. Your payment is credited to your account immediately.
- The JEA AutoPay Plan – JEA's electronic payment service allows customers to authorize their bank, credit union, or savings and loan to deduct the monthly utility bill automatically from a checking or savings account.
- Pay by mail. Send your payment, with your account number, to:
P. O. Box 45047
Jacksonville, FL 32232-5047
- Online bill payment service through your bank or credit union.
- JEA Authorized Payment Only Locations – Remember, there is never a fee to use an authorized payment only location. Your payment is credited to your account immediately.*
* Payments made after 6 p.m. will be credited to your account at 7 a.m. the next business day. Payments made on weekends will be credited to your account at 7 a.m. Monday morning.
JEA is the eighth largest community-owned electric utility in the United States, providing electric, water and sewer service to more than 875,000 accounts in northeast Florida.
- payment options