- My Account
- Account Name Changes
- Changes in Account Holder
- Claim Resolution
- Deposit and Connection Fees
- JEA Credit Score
- Medical Alerts
- Reclaimed Water Inspection Fee
- Service Charges
- Service Reconnection
- Social Security Numbers
- Collections, Disconnections, and Unauthorized Utility Use
Water Rates Definitions
Ever wonder what those charges on your bill mean? Here's a glossary of terms which are referenced on your bill for you to better understand your water and sewer charges.
- kGal - kilo gallon - 1,000 gallons of water.
- CCF - 100 cf - 100 cubic feet of water (1 cubic foot of water is equal to 7.48 gallons).
- Billing Period - Time period of a utility bill generally 1 month. Period can be longer or shorter. This is generally caused by either stopping or starting service.
- Residential Service - Single family homes and individually metered apartments.
- Commercial Service - All business uses of the water and sewer system.
- Multi-Family Service - Residential apartment type complexes that are serviced by 1 water meter to multiple residences.
- Sprinkler Service - Water service that is connected directly to a buildings fire suppression system.
- Irrigation Service - Potable water that is separately metered and connected directly to a lawn sprinkler system.
- Reclaimed Water Service - Reclaimed or recycled water, is former wastewater that is treated to remove solids and certain impurities, and used in sustainable landscaping irrigation.
- Service Availability Charge - Monthly charge designed to recover costs associated with meters, meter reading, billing, customer service, and a portion of the costs associated with operating and maintaining the water or sewer system.
- Consumption Charge - Charge for water used during a billing period. Residential and Irrigation usage is broken into conservation tiers as consumption increases. Commercial consumption is a levelized charge for all consumption.
- Usage Charge - Charge for usage of the sewer system during a billing period. Residential usage is broken into tiers as water use increases. Residential sewer usage is based on 100% of water used up to 20 kGal. Commercial sewer usage is based on 100% of water used.
- Environmental Charge - The environmental charge recovers costs related to current and future environmental projects.
- Franchise Fee - Fee levied on JEA by a municipality to provide service to the residents of that municipality (Levied by and remitted to the municipality levying the fee).
- Public Service Tax - Tax charged by a municipality on the customers of JEA.
Enter to Win a $500 Gift Card
Join over 150,000 JEA customers who have already signed up to receive their JEA bill by email. It's safe, secure and better for the environment!