- My Account
- Service Charges
- Deposit and Connection Fees
- Name Changes and Account Transfers
- Service Reconnection
- Claim Resolution
- JEA Credit Score
- Social Security Numbers
- Reclaimed Water Inspection Fee
- Medical Alerts
- MyWay Terms and Conditions
- Collections, Disconnections, and Unauthorized Utility Use
- Add, Move, or Stop Service
- Residential Account Policies and Forms
Water Rates Definitions
Ever wonder what those charges on your bill mean? Here's a glossary of terms which are referenced on your bill for you to better understand your water and sewer charges.
- kGal - kilo gallon - 1,000 gallons of water.
- CCF - 100 cf - 100 cubic feet of water (1 cubic foot of water is equal to 7.48 gallons).
- Billing Period - Time period of a utility bill generally 1 month. Period can be longer or shorter. This is generally caused by either stopping or starting service.
- Residential Service - Single family homes and individually metered apartments.
- Commercial Service - All business uses of the water and sewer system.
- Multi-Family Service - Residential apartment type complexes that are serviced by 1 water meter to multiple residences.
- Sprinkler Service - Water service that is connected directly to a buildings fire suppression system.
- Irrigation Service - Potable water that is separately metered and connected directly to a lawn sprinkler system.
- Reclaimed Water Service - Reclaimed or recycled water, is former wastewater that is treated to remove solids and certain impurities, and used in sustainable landscaping irrigation.
- Service Availability Charge - Monthly charge designed to recover costs associated with meters, meter reading, billing, customer service, and a portion of the costs associated with operating and maintaining the water or sewer system.
- Consumption Charge - Charge for water used during a billing period. Residential and Irrigation usage is broken into conservation tiers as consumption increases. Commercial consumption is a levelized charge for all consumption.
- Usage Charge - Charge for usage of the sewer system during a billing period. Residential usage is broken into tiers as water use increases. Residential sewer usage is based on 100% of water used up to 20 kGal. Commercial sewer usage is based on 100% of water used.
- Environmental Charge - The environmental charge recovers costs related to current and future environmental projects.
- Franchise Fee - Fee levied on JEA by a municipality to provide service to the residents of that municipality (Levied by and remitted to the municipality levying the fee).
- Public Service Tax - Tax charged by a municipality on the customers of JEA.
Explore Solutions and Save
Learn about all the ways JEA helps Northeast Florida families, businesses and our community thrive and how we can help you do more.