- Engineering and Construction
- Connect Water or Sewer Service
- Call Before You Dig
- Community-Initiated Projects
- Five Year Capital Expenditures
- JEA Facilities Standards
- Meter Search
- Request an As-Built Drawing
- Service Availability Form
- Water and Wastewater Standards
Underground Commercial Development
An Underground Commercial Development (UCD) is an underground electric distribution system where each secondary service lateral supplies one or more commercial services. Business and/or Industrial developments, commercial office parks, or shopping centers may qualify as a UCD. Use the UCD Check List and related links below as your submittal package guide.
Documents, Procedures and Checklist for Underground Commercial Development
- Letter of Intent/Rules of Engagement
- Check List UCD
- UCD Standard (coming soon)
- Lighting Procedure
- Electric Development Standardization of Files and Drawings
- COJ Streetlight Design Request by Developer
- JEA Seed (CAD files) for Engineers - When submitting designs, please download the appropriate seed file for the appropriate configurations:
Once you have gathered all the items from the project check list, submit the collective package to our Electric Development Inbox at email@example.com for evaluation. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for review and response. Once any corrections are addressed, the project submittal is accepted and assigned to a Project Engineer for electric design. You'll receive a confirmation email introducing the Project Engineer who will be your lead point of contact through electric construction completion.
Developer will provide:
- An acceptable submittal package (above)
- All conduit, transformer pads and secondary pull-boxes
- Installation of the conduit system
- Reimbursement for upgraded lighting
- Street light bases and installation for upgraded lighting
- Reimbursement for JEA beautification work
- Required easements
- 12 month conduit system warranty from system acceptance date
JEA will provide:
- Electric System design
- Manholes and pits
- Standard Lights
- Overhead line removal within the development boundaries
- Overhead relocation for entrance way
- Primary cable and transformers
We look forward to working with you. At JEA, it’s our mission to energize our community through high-value energy and water solutions. We want to be your premier service provider, valued asset and vital partner in advancing our community.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request A Drawing
As-Built drawings represent the final detailed 'blueprints' as to how infrastructure was installed during construction.