- Business Resources
- Commercial Account Executives
- Commercial Standby Power
- Dedicated Business Support Team
- Economic Development Incentive Program
- Landlord Agreement Program
- Natural Gas
- Power Conditioning Equipment
- Small Business Resources
- Tax Exemptions
- Telecom Services
Roofing and Window Film Rebates for Businesses
InvestSmart with JEA offers rebates for the installation of qualifying reflective window films and cool roofs that will reduce your energy use leading to savings on your utility bill. Weatherization is one of the most cost-effective ways to make a business more energy-efficient. Reflective window film can reduce solar heat gain and increase solar reflectance which will provide the same comfort levels with less energy usage. A reflective “cool roof” can greatly reduce the undesirable solar heating of a building. Installing an ENERGY STAR® reflective cool roof reduces hot weather cooling needs saving air conditioning energy costs and improving comfort.
The incentives are available for commercial customers and are designed to help offset the initial cost for businesses who invest in energy efficiency upgrades. Window film projects will be capped at $1,000 per project and cool roof projects will be capped at $5,000 per project.
- Review the Cool Roof and Window Film Equipment Catalog for rebate details and eligibility.
- Choose a contractor to complete your efficiency upgrade. We recommend that you select one of our qualified InvestSmart with JEA contractors and get 2-3 quotes before making your selection.
- Submit your completed Rebate Application and required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examples of Qualifying Cool Roof and Reflective Window Film Measures
- Installation of Reflective Window Film with a Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) of .39 or less
- Installation must cover the entire roof area in spaces with mechanical cooling and/or heating
- Lower start-up cost
- Reduces solar heat gain
- Increased energy efficiency
- Lower heating and cooling costs