- Business Resources
- Charging Stations
- Commercial Account Executives
- Commercial Electric Rates
- Commercial Forms and Policies
- Commercial Standby Power
- Dedicated Business Support Team
- Economic Development Incentive Program
- Landlord Agreement Program
- Natural Gas
- Power Conditioning Equipment
- Small Business Resources
- Tax Exemptions
- Telecom Services
Small Business Resources
Accounting for 80% of all business, small businesses are the backbone of our economy. More than 90% of JEA’s commercial customers are small businesses.
Resources for Small Business Assistance
Local resources are available to assist small businesses with various aspects of conducting daily operations, performing business planning and uncovering financial resources.
- Free Efficiency Assessments
- Lighting Solutions
- Report a Service Problem
- Builder and Developer Resources
Commercial customers may contact us at (904) 665-6250 for more information.
Small Business Development Center at the University of North Florida
The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the University of North Florida (UNF) has been helping businesses achieve and maintain high performance since 1976. The UNF SBDC provides management guidance and training, information, access to business resources, and acts as a confidential sounding board. The SBDC at UNF is part of the Florida SBDC Network, in partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration, and is supported with federal, state, local and private-sector funding.
Special programs for business owners include:
- Small Business Resource Network: Referrals to private-sector professionals including accountants, attorneys, insurance agents, lenders, management consultants, and government agencies
- Marketplace Business-to-Business Marketing Lead: Helps business owners prospect for new customers, test marketing ideas and analyze market potential.
- Fiscal Physical: Analyzes financial statements to determine annual trends over time, to calculate financial ratios for comparison with industry averages, to pinpoint areas for improvement, and to provide a preliminary value for the business.
Small Business Center at the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce
Existing and start-up small business owners can tap into valuable tools and resources at the Jacksonville Regional Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Center (SBC). As a client, you have access to a personal business adviser, research tools and resources, networking groups and business-related workshops. The SBC provides a one-stop-shop with comprehensive support, training and assistance to Jacksonville's small business community through a cooperative initiative between the Chamber and a group of partners.
- Utilize business resources
- Access counseling and mentoring
- Attend business workshops
- Evaluate financing options
- Contract with the government
- Identify economic opportunities
Small Business Links
- University of North Florida Small Business Development Center
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce Small Business Center
- Insurance Information Institute
- The State of Florida
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- City of Jacksonville