- Residential Customers
Free Irrigation Assessments
Did you know that 35 to 50 percent of water used for residential irrigation is wasted? Your irrigation system should be checked on a regular basis to ensure it is working properly:
- Inspect sprinkler heads. A broken one can waste 25,000 gallons of water in six months.
- Connect pipes and hoses. A small leak can waste up to 6,300 gallons of water a month.
- Select a WaterSense labeled irrigation controller.
- Direct spray to your landscape, not your sidewalk.
- Follow watering days as mandated by St. Johns River Water Management District. Learn about watering day restrictions
Schedule an Appointment
Call JEA at (904) 665-6000 to schedule a Free Irrigation Assessment.
Don’t drown in high water bills for the sake of a green lawn. Our experts can visit your home and show you how to get a green, beautiful lawn without the extra costs caused by overwatering.
Our experts will:
- Check your water meter for leaks.
- Make recommendations on how to program the irrigation controller.
- Inspect your rotor and sprayer heads for interference, misalignment and damage.
- Ensure your rain or moisture sensor is functioning properly.
More Irrigation Tips
The City of Jacksonville regulates the amount of fertilizer runoff allowed into the St. Johns River. Do not apply fertilizer during flood or storm watches and do not blow lawn clippings into streets, ditches or drains.
City of Jacksonville's Environmental Quality Division: Irrigation and Fertilizer
Florida-Friendly Landscaping Pointers
- Use Waterwise Landscaping Principles
- Use Florida-Friendly yard practices from the University of Florida Extension Office