Damaged Weatherheads

If you have damage where the electric wires attach to your house, you must get a licensed electrician to make repairs before we can restore power to your house.

Who is responsible?

Service Lines (A), Weatherhead (B), Riser (C), Meter Can (D), Meter (E)

JEA Responsibility 

  • Damaged service lines, whether overhead or underground, up to the point where the lines attach. (A)
  • Damage to the actual meter. (E)

Customer Responsibility

  • Damage to the weatherhead (for houses with overhead lines). (B)
    Note: Any repairs to the weatherhead, riser or the meter can and its contents must be made by a licensed electrician.
  • Damage to the riser (C)
  • Damage to the meter can (the metal case surrounding the meter) (D)

Please call us at (904) 665-6000 should you have any questions.

Always Be in the Know
Did you know JEA provides free billing and outage alerts via text and email?

Sign Up for JEA Alerts Now!