- In Our Community
- Absorption and Reflection
- Building a Well-Insulated Home
- Contaminating an Aquifer
- Flushable or Not Flushable?
- How Much to Water Plants?
- Learning About Lawns
- Modeling Beach Erosion
- Underground Water
- Watching Plants Breathe
- Water to Vapor, Water to Ice
- What Dirties the Water? (And How Can We Clean It Up?)
- What Makes Drought-Tolerant Plants Work?
- What's Growing in the Water?
- Drop Savers Poster Contest
- JEA at the MOSH
- Kid's Corner
- Call Before You Dig
- Get Assistance
- Give Assistance
- Join Our Email Community
- Neighborhood Energy Efficiency Program
- Our One Water
- Prosperity Scholarship Fund Donations
Herschel Street Substation Rebuild Project
Estimated Dates & Work Schedule
Estimated End Date: 2016-07-31
JEA has completed rebuilding and upgrading the Herschel Street substation located at 3751 Herschel Street next to Boone Park in Riverside. This new substation will provide improved electric service reliability to the area.
The electrical equipment we replaced for this substation was installed in 1959 and had reached the end of its service life. JEA determined that the substation needed to be rebuilt and upgraded to comply with current codes and industry standards.
Restoration of Project Area
Upon completion of the substation work, JEA will be replacing the old existing chain link fence with a faux ornamental black fence as well as adding substantial landscaping to improve the aesthetics of the property. Any existing pavement, grass, curb, gutter, driveways or sidewalks affected during construction will be returned to its pre-construction condition.
Below are images of the site after project restoration has been completed.
If you have any questions about Jacksonville Landing Infrastructure Improvement Project, please contact JEA Project Outreach at (904) firstname.lastname@example.org.