Litigation Shade Meeting
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 Add to Calendar
- 01:00 p.m. to 02:00 p.m.
21 W. Church Street Jacksonville, FL 32202
Pursuant to Section 286.011(8), Florida Statutes, and as requested by the Office of General Counsel, a litigation shade meeting of the Board of Directors has been set to consider settlement negotiations and strategy sessions related to litigation expenditures.
The meeting will cover the following cases:
- City of Jacksonville and JEA v. Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia, Case No. 2018-CA-6197 (Circuit Court, Fourth Judicial Circuit, Duval County, Florida)
- Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia v. JEA, Case No. 1:18-cv-4295 (United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia)
Following the commencement of an open meeting, the governing body will move into a closed attorney-client session pursuant to Section 286.011(8), Florida Statutes, and only the following listed persons will be entitled to attend this session:
- JEA Board Member, Alan Howard, Chair
- JEA Board Member, Frederick Newbill, Secretary
- JEA Board Member, John Campion
- JEA Board Member, Husein Cumber
- JEA Board Member, Kelly Flanagan
- JEA Board Member, April Green
- JEA Board Member, Camille Lee-Johnson
- Aaron Zahn, JEA Interim Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer
- Jason Gabriel, General Counsel
- Jody L. Brooks, JEA Chief Legal Officer
- Jacob J. Payne, OGC
- Tiffiny Douglas Safi, OGC
- Court Reporter
Following the conclusion of the closed attorney-client sessions, the Board of Directors will return to the open public meeting at which time public business, if any, will be concluded and the meeting adjourned.
It is urgent that all Board Members attend.